Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies explains Ducati switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies explains Ducati switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies explains Ducati switch

Ben Spies has given his reasons for abandoning plans to return to World Superbikes in 2013 to sign a deal to race a factory-backed Ducati in MotoGP. The Texan looked certain to be heading to World Superbikes to partner Marco Melandri in a BMW Italia effort when he revealed in Indianapolis that he if he was racing in 2013 it would...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 September 2012 17:11)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

Spies is a good rider but in a team he doesn't like. He did great in the Tech 3 team and tbh he should have gone there, I have no idea why they got that loser Bradley Smith... when he does a Toseland hopefully Spies will go back there.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Hahaha, Spies kicking Rossi on a sat bike, I've never heard so much shit. These people are in the realms of fantasy.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Flob the knob go feck yourself and get back in your smelly dustcart where you belong.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Troll

Stop feeding the troll it wont stop till its totally ignored

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No story here..

..move along smartly there you..and take your hands out yer pockets.

We want the reasons he spat the dummy using twitter and superbikeplanet.com?..Before he'd informed Yamaha?

My my..that certainly was a big meltdown, wasn't it?

Jarvis said the Rossi deal got firmed up in July. Apparently, Jorge was TOLD he was getting his new team mate, which he eventually accepted..haha, at Mugello

This was all before Bens mechanical woes in America. 

He was 10th leaving the Sachsenring in early July..no wonder Yamaha jumped to replace him. He's had his head up his arse with other business and ladies..he was distracted, took his eye off the ball and went looking for excuses believing his passport would save him.

If you're tenth on a factory bike that's leading the championship race halfway through the season, on your second year on the bike..you expect to get sacked. 

Most would agree Speez is better than he's shown so far..but he's never been as unsuccessful as this before. This is the very highest level. It's doing his head in.

He's touting himself as alien #3 now he's moving to Ducati? hahaha..

I will laugh my bollocks blue if Dani beats Jorge. Where will his view on who are the two most talented riders for sure be then?

Same place as the rest of his season..Shut up ffs if you've got nothing sensible to say!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Agony Aunt Wosi

Do as I say, not as I do. In respect to his closing sentence. 

Not an entirely unfair description Wosi (although nobody has suffered this amount of bad luck since Murphy brought his first chemistry set in the fifties), yet the elephant you're ignoring in your assessment is the piss poor form of one V Rossi. Certainly not form worthy of the best bike on the grid either. Where would Rossi be today without his old uncle Carmelo?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Lorenzo has more pts than all 4 Ducatis put together..yet Speez is way behind Rossi and Hayden and.. just ahead of Barbera..Bottom Yamaha?

He's been there all year too..not just after America.

Nob all to do with Rossi or Carmelo..Ben fked his own career up, with a little help from his Mom.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Explain this strident assertion of Ezpeleta's to me BB

"I am calm. Valentino will be riding a competitive bike next year, but I can't tell you what it is. It is still too early to talk about: in 2013 we will see Rossi fight for the win... again." From June this year.

Given that the Duke is a competitive bike you could say this was an innocent call - excluding the crazy win part - ha ha. Or you could take the other view and say 'under what circumstances does Carmelo have the ability to make such a bold comment'. He's not a stupid man, this wasn't just him airing his thoughts and desires for his favoured nephew. Oh no, it was much more than that.

Come on BB you're a bright lad. Fill in the blanks.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

No ones biting nostro

because you're a hamfisted tit

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Conspiracy theory Nostro ?  Perhaps so - no-one should be surprised by what goes on in MotoGP  it's a big money sport with lots to win or lose - Jiggery-Pokery WILL go on behind the scenes - as in other big money sports

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices