You are in... Forums > General > General > Double bubble screens

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

tourx4

Mar 10

tourx4 says:

Double bubble screens

Hi everyone just a quick question, am currently saving hard for my big bike and just wanted to know do double bubble screens work for short bikers as i'm only 5'4!!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (14 September 2012 19:39)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Duck

and cover.:smile

Reply to this Topic
James600zx

Sep 07

James600zx says:

Bubble.

First question should be, "Do standard screens work for short riders?" in which case don't waste your money on aftermarket stuff. See how you go with the new bike, and good luck! What are you planning to get?

Reply to this Topic
tourx4

Mar 10

tourx4 says:

Double bubble screens!!

I'm currently saving hard for a 03 fzs600 fazer!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

If it helps

I've got an '08 Fazer 600, and I find the standard screen OK up to motorway speeds (I'm 6ft).

It's only going much beyond 70 that the wind starts to annoy me.

As James - try the bike first, then see how you feel.

Bear in mind fitting a DB screen is a modification your insurers will want to know about.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

tourx4:

Not being funny mate,  but are you shorter than average above the waist or below, or more or less evenly mixed?   I ask because if your upper half is more average then you won't find screens a problem.   If your legs are more average, then your sitting position is going to be lower.

James has the best suggestion - sit on a new bike, and see what that looks like.

All the best mate,  and welcome to the forum!   Don't let the ass-hats get you down around here.

Reply to this Topic
babyrocket

Aug 11

babyrocket says:

at that

sort of hieght id not bother with a new screen, all jap bikes are tested by 5.4 inch jockeys so you shouldnt have a problem.

Reply to this Topic
skycat

Jul 05

skycat says:

Yes in my case!

I am a little taller at just under 5.5. 

My first big bike was a Yamaha Thundercat which came with a double bubble and I never really gave it much thought....

but when I bought the GSXR750 from new I rode it for the first 500 miles without a double bubble screen... however I found it uncomfortable without so on it's first service I had a one fitted.

So the answer to your question is yes, however I really suggest you ride the bike around for a bit before you purchase one.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Hey sky

"just under 5.5" ....Ain't that 5.4 then.:tongue::biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
calamityjane

Jun 12

calamityjane says:

Ahhhhh

yes, i'm about six inches under six foot. And was born ten years before 1981. It still works but a little more complicated way of doing it :lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

I'm

5'4" and hav had to make do with the 'blue crazy frog' pose trying to avoid windblast on the ER5.... Chin on tank works until u hit 90mph then it gets a tad lairy... Hence selling that so i can get the cbr 400 out with fairings AND a screen-didnt realise how much i'd miss the screen and fairings until i didnt have one!

Good old fleabay.... I second what everyone else says-u need to test ride the bike before u make the choice because it may make no difference at all and why spend money when u dont have to?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices