Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Valentino Rossi targets positive result with new chassis MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Valentino Rossi targets positive result with new chassis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Valentino Rossi targets positive result with new chassis

Valentino Rossi is hoping a new Ducati GP12 chassis and swingarm will help him claim only a fourth top six finish of the season in front of his home crowd at Misano tomorrow. The Italian, who will return to Yamaha in 2013, qualified in sixth place this afternoon after posting a best time of 1.34.619 in the first full dry session...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (15 September 2012 18:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parris

May 10

parris says:

Smackbum

I think you are right. I also think that ducati had their heads so far up their butts that Rossi had to leave before they would admit they were wrong make changes. Ducati had to lose two of the three best riders in the world, who complained of exactly the same faults with the ducati POS before they would acknowledge they had a Piece of shit bike and admit to the world that the ducati sales gimmicks like CF don't work and that they needed to follow the Japs to and to be contemporary.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Improvement, but how much?

I would agree with Bulto. The previous test definatly gave them a bit of a set up advantage. The fact that he didn't seem to suffer the mid race tyre problems of previous races is much more of a positive for Ducati.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

For Trippy - a brief history of time

Until Lorenzo Rossi never had a team-mate who had equal equipment to him.

In 2007 when the 800s replaced the 990s the Japanese manufacturers all thought that the best way forward was with a bike that would turn on a sixpence. Ducati went the other way and built a rocketship. Casey won 10 races that year and the title.

In 2008 the Japanese rectified their mistake and Rossi won the title. Lorenzo joins Rossi at Yamaha and is fast but crashes as he learns the bike.

2009 - Stoner missed several races with stomach problems (at the time referred to as a mystery illness). Lorenzo is faster than last year. Rossi won the title.

2010 - The Aliens (Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Stoner & Rossi) are again the only title contenders. Lorenzo is beating Rossi on equal machinery. At the Italian GP Rossi highsides and breaks his leg. Lorenzo continues charging towards his maiden motogp title. Rossi returns from injury and at the Malaysian gp wins his last race (so far anyway). Lorenzo takes the Title.

2011 - The last year of the 800s and having been the main driving force behind the switch from 990s to 800s Honda are desperate to take the Title. Having signed Stoner, the fastest rider in the world, and throwing everything they have at it they succees. Stoner romps to victory on a bike that is streets ahead of everything else out there and takes his 2nd premier class title. Rossi who left Yamaha in a huff (saying it's either me or Lorenzo has done nothing of note on the Ducati. Stoner laughed his ass off. Ducati do not help themselves - Preziosi refuses to listen to anybody about 'his baby'. Interestingly enough Stoner had been complaining about the bike for a few years to no avail.

2012 - Stoner's last year in motogp before he retires. Everyone thinks that Stoner will win the title again this year. Honda, having thrown everything except the kitchen sink at last years bike don't have the advantage they did have. Yamaha have caught up in terms of development and have Lorenzo/Spies on their factory bikes. Ducati are still going round in circles.

Nostrodamus - Nostro is a very knowledgeable bloke, but one who is blinded by his hatred for Rossi/Burgess. Burgess is as good as everyone else says he is but when Ducati won't make the necessary changes to a bike there is only so much you can do. Nostro also likes to belittle some of the other forum members who express opinions that he doesn't agree with. What we have to remember is that opinions are like assholes - everyone's got one.

Various other forum posters - Some of the regular posters here are either morons or post the comments they do in order to wind Nostro up. You will no doubt be aware of who they are. Between them and Nostro's hatred of all things yellow I had to take some time away from here as I find the childish name calling and hatred to be very unhealthy. We are all fans of the sport here and should address each other with respect and behave with dignity.

Hope that helped :)

Reply to this Topic
Max22

May 12

Max22 says:

well said Mort

At last someone with sense. Well said Mort.

Hey Pacey Bud re:Congrats Vale. Still to beat an alien whilst on the Duke............. unlike Casey. The 'fanboys' are loving it today though. Bless 'em. Simple things please simple minds i guess.

What was this then?

Le Mans, Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pos. Points. Num. Rider. Nation. Team. Bike. Km/h. Time/Gap

1 25 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 141.6 49'39.743

2 20 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 141.1 +9.905

3 16 1 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 141.0 +11.298

4 13 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 140.2 +29.361

Fastest Lap: Lap: 21 Valentino ROSSI 1'44.614 144.0 Km/h

Rossi? Ducati? Aliens? Looks like Rossi beat some Aliens there inc Casey and on a Ducati but I guess you don't count it as it was raining/tyres/health issues/crashes/mistakes? I am no fanboy but you made a simple error or simply forgot bud. Simple minds do forget things now and then though ;-)

Sorry couldn't resist that.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Hey Mort

Nice post fella!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN