Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo wins after Dani Pedrosa crashes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo wins after Dani Pedrosa crashes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo wins after Dani Pedrosa crashes

The 2012 MotoGP world championship took another dramatic twist in Misano this afternoon, with Jorge Lorenzo claiming a priceless victory after main rival Dani Pedrosa crashed out of a dramatic race. Everything that could go wrong for Repsol Honda rider Pedrosa did as his hopes of winning a maiden MotoGP title suffered a crushing blow. After an aborted start when Karel Abraham...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (16 September 2012 16:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

luckless Dani

What a shame for Pedrosa...will he ever get lucky?
Looks like Lorenzo's title unless he gets a dose of Dani's bad luck.

Great to see Ducati and Rossi finally get a decent result in the dry.
Just goes to show when he gets a half decent bike under him he can still fight at the front and beat the young guns fair an square, something the haters said he could not do anymore.
Just wait till he gets a fully sorted Yamaha next season!

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Dead right Buell

There are a few naive Rossi haters out there that will be very quiet next year.  They somehow think that he has lost the skills that earned him the 2nd best rider in history.

Real shame for Dani. He seemed to have everything against him. As for the championship, still not over, just a lot bloody harder from here.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hmmmm...

A 2 horse race became a 1 horse farce but I guess it couldn't have been avoided, a dead bike in the middle of a grid can be a killer... winners : JL, Rossi, Bautista... losers : Abraham & Barbera... caught in the middle : Dani Pedrosa.

Personally I wouldn't read too much into Rossi's position... he was at his home circuit testing a couple of weeks ago on this bike whereas everyone else had virtually no set up time & only data from 800's to go on... & the race time was down (considering it was a lap shorter) than last year's in similar conditions where many other races have been quicker. He was battling with Bradl which is the norm, a battle he won, which isn't unusual... the unusual thing was finishing in front of a Tech-3 bike... they suffered this weekend. A good opportunistic 2nd place which hopefully will make him hungry for more, but not until he's far away from Ducati.

Others, I know, will have a different view on it... fair enough.

On the plus side the support races were great!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

hedgehog5 & others

Surely time to the winner must be considered? whoever did/did not finish the race, he was closer to the front than ever (on the duke of course)

Reply to this Topic
alisdairm

Aug 09

alisdairm says:

Yeh,  but how hard was George pushing?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rocket...

An unpressured winner who built up a 5 sec lead with 1:34's then buttoned it down to mid 1:35's... I'm not saying Rossi was at full pace either... he knew he couldn't touch JL &, having broken Bradl with some good low 35's, he could keep in his comfort zone from about lap 18 on, reacting if threatened. It was most certainly not a 2 horse race for the win. As said, the race time was well over last year's 800 time where it would probably have been quicker... I see lack of set-up time & lack of competition are the main components of the deficit... Rossi had the benefit of set-up data & no factory Honda's up front.

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

HRC’s MISANO MISERY...

Many years ago I read some heavy tome on military history. One scene described has always stayed in what’s left of my mind: An aide was having an intense discussion with Napoleon - lauding & extolling the talents & ability of a young, thrusting Officer being considered for serious promotion to command. An impatient Napoleon interrupted with, “Yes, yes – but is he lucky?

This scene & it’s seldom acknowledged truth immediately came to mind after Lap 1 @ Misano. Dani Pedrosa simply has to be the unluckiest bloke this side of the fabled Black Stump!
One has to wonder if he is destined to be like Stirling Moss & Chris Amon - two of the very best drivers in F1. Moss never won a World Championship – while Amon, the Kiwi Ferrari driver, couldn’t even win a F1 GP to save his life. Amon’s luck was such that fellow driver & legendary F1 Champ, Mario Andretti once joked that "If Chris Amon became an undertaker, people would stop dying". Excrement happens! And to some far more than others ...

2012 was Pedrosa’s BIG chance at a MotoGP Title. Anything could still happen – but most pundits would agree that his chance seems to have now evaporated forever.

Pedrosa, Alberto Puig and HRC’s Suppo & Nakamoto must have literally been spitting blood & farting sparks after Misano. HRC has gone from being in the box seat at the start of the season with their riders testing fastest & dominating – especially Casey Stoner - whom seemed set for a ‘three peat with another Championship Title - to grasping at a handful of sand. Since then, Dorna’s meddling with ballast, which unsettled the RC213V’s chassis & then Bridgestone’s abrupt introduction of new tyres & fast removal of the only casing & compound that worked for Stoner, put a major crimp in all that. Just when Stoner found his mojo again – he got seriously injured. And now this...? At least young Mr. Rea stayed-on & professionally did the business as expected. Good on him too!

Casey Stoner’s absence has (and will) leave a giant hole in MotoGP. Anyone notice Pedrosa’s qualifying time on the 1,000cc RC213V for Misano was almost a second (7/10ths to be precise) slower than Stoner set last year there on the 800? I appreciate conditions were difficult with so much down-time but there is still a lesson here in this. Once Dani was out it degenerated into a 1 horse race & as boring as batshit. Cheers

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Clap clap to race direction

What a fucking debacle. For the sake of their pedantic little rules they ruined a race, a championship and perhaps even broke a man. Not to mention the fact that starting the fastest man on the grid from the back is downright dangerous - when safety after all is supposedly their number one priority. Simply myopic and completely devoid of commonsense on so many levels. I cannot believe the stupidity involved here.

One could almost be forgiven for thinking this was a Ducati stitch up conspiracy. First Abraham's doing his bit, then Hector playing his part to really nail it. Hurrumppff.

Lorenzo did as Lorenzo does - make a field deviod of Dani and Casey look silly. Natural justice has prevailed perhaps given Bautista's job on Lorenzo earlier in the year. Nonetheless...

Rossi, yes a fine mistake free race. But then he did have a twelve hour practice advanatge over everyone else who had but one hour. It showed too, as riders scambled for grip with imperfect set-up's. Bradl had a flat front tyre, which certainly didn't help his cause. Rossi appeared to be holding him up for the first half of the race.

Rea solid but not spectacular. A sensible race, but he needs to really try and ramp it up next time out if he is to be considered as having a future in this class. Fingers crossed he does.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

How many times this year Aquarius

Has Casey Stoner out qualified Dani Pedrosa by 0.7 sec's?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Good race and more importantly Ducati the big surprise of the weekend a podium in the dry I just hope next year they don't have the problems what they have had in the last two years. Dominant win for JL he deserved it but I was pleased for Spies finishing the race after three non finishes even though it was not a podium it to me feels like one.

Roll on Aragon in two weeks.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices