Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo wins after Dani Pedrosa crashes MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo wins after Dani Pedrosa crashes

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Jorge Lorenzo wins after Dani Pedrosa crashes

The 2012 MotoGP world championship took another dramatic twist in Misano this afternoon, with Jorge Lorenzo claiming a priceless victory after main rival Dani Pedrosa crashed out of a dramatic race. Everything that could go wrong for Repsol Honda rider Pedrosa did as his hopes of winning a maiden MotoGP title suffered a crushing blow. After an aborted start when Karel Abraham...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (16 September 2012 16:37)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Tweedle dum and Tweedle dee

more fanciful invention twaddle from Wosi. Ho hum. Who's going to take third from Stoner Wosi - Rossi? Cal?ha, ha ,ha...

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Clap clap to race direction

Oh look the "REAL" Nostro has returned (17 September 2012 09:50).... welcome back! I had the same Ducati conspiracy theory pop into my head (as a joke folks) after the Misano mess. Abraham should never have been allowed to line up on the grid a third time let alone a fourth! It was clear to me his bike was going to keep stalling after the second time. Pretty crap day to start with but the support races were fantastic and apart from knowing the winner I found the race for second and third enthralling. ***** Must mutter a well done to Rossi for keeping it together the whole race as he looked very comfortable indeed. I loved one shot of the inevitable sea of yellow track invasion.... one lone black Lorenzo 99 flag in the sea of yellow and red. Hilarious! ***** It is a shame Crutchlow didn't stick around until the end of the race to add some spice. Respect to his team mate for going for it at the last turn. Racing loves a trier and congrats to Alvaro for resisting just right, .003! ***** Back to Misano... looks a dream location but as long as I can remember, for whatever reason, this place always delivers bad mojo, drama, organisational idiocy, and even disaster. They should have renamed it "Misano World of Misery". ***** Ciao Mama's

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

ok H5

I apologise...let you off this time!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Is that it?

wosi's fanciful invention amounts to Nostro thinking Stoner will get third?.

Who really gives a fk mate. Fourth, fifth..Casey Stoner never backed a MotoGP title up. Why's that then?

Cal's had a cracking 2nd year you sour old puss..and his team mate could easily grab 3rd.

Dovi is only 23pts behind Casey with five to go..125pts. Stoner may not return until Phillip Island, the penultimate round..you do the maths Einstein.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Wosi...

"Dovi is only 23pts behind Casey with five to go..125pts. Stoner may not return until Phillip Island, the penultimate round..you do the maths Einstein"

May being the operative word... he may return in Japan which gives Dovi one race to get 23 points... how likely is that?... if he lounges off until Malaysia where is Dovi? Averaging around 4th (actually below 5th but there's no Stoner for the rounds he's out) he'll be ahead but he'll need to finish ahead of Stoner to gain & keep 3rd... PI return? A win there & top 3 at Valencia for Stoner? 5x13 for Dovi's 4ths minus 23... 42? ... against 25 plus 20 or 16... it could be close assuming that Dovi keeps his top 4 run going with Stoner there & Rossi on such brilliant form... & that Stoner hasn't "lost it overnight" (apparently that doesn't happen) & doesn't have to follow team orders... in which case it's all academic anyway. Could be interesting... & it doesn't take Einstein to work out that there's several ways Stoner could hang onto 3rd.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Lorenzo99

Jun 10

Lorenzo99 says:

Going out on top

Wosi - You raise a very good point there sir,& I supose if you look at it purely from this years championship you are absolutly right,Casey is not finishing on top.I maybe should have refraised or put it differently the point I was trying to get accross.Let me have another go.

Casey although no longer leading this years championship due to mistakes & injury will be remembered this year & last as one of the very finest Moto GP riders.He will also be remebered as being this years favorite for winning the championship at the begining of this year.Everybody predicted that it was a two horse race,Casey vs Jorge at the begining of the year.

Casey retiring at this point will be remembered by me at least for being one of the best Moto GP riders of his time & I think a lot of people would agree with me.I dont think Casey will be remembered as a rider who could no longer compete at the top or would never win another championship ever again.

As for Rossi,my earlyer post was merely pointing out that Rossi is at present extremely over hyped by some of his fans who seem to think he can walk on water & shit gold bars.Rossi is not super man & this fact has been proved this season & last but some fans refuse to accept this fact,post complete rubish & slate other riders who are doing much better this year & last than theyre super idol.

P.S.  Had Casey not been injured we would be looking at a very different looking championship,I think he would have been right up there with Jorge & Dani & in a position to challenge for the win.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ha ha proof positive

heavy sarcasm flies right over the top of Buelli's soft yellow head. Nice one Hedgy, it's just as expected.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Lorenzo99

Very good post. Agree 100%.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Aaah..IF only.

Had Casey not been injured?

Had Casey worn a rubber?

Had Casey managed to back a title up?

With respect Sir, I think you're a delusional Sap who has it arse about face?

It's Stoner who is over hyped by blind Rossi hating saddos, not the nine time champ and walking legend who they blame for repeated meltdowns of Bennyhedgehog proportions and shortening his fragile career.

Explain how a virtual rookie won the title in 2007 and the results went backwards?

Explain how he decimated the opposition last year yet got his backside tanned this?

Can you see a pattern emerging?

Casey understands and has quit to save face..very convenient this injury?

All his dutiful fucko fans will cream themselves IF he comes back and wins races..while the real enthusiasts will yawn and point out we've seen it all before and ask the same questions as above without getting an answer.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Decimated & tanned?...

"Explain how he decimated the opposition last year yet got his backside tanned this?"

... this time last year he'd got a 35 point lead without anyone out injured... pretty close... he'd still have won it but the end of season gap to 2nd could easily have been 30 rather than 90... JL crashing out made it look good (& it could have looked even better but for Marco's misfortune, RIP). This year how many points was he behind JL before he broke his foot? 32?... with 8 rounds still to go... 200 points up for grabs... how's your maths Einstein?

This year a rider has been off injured & could still hang on to 3rd (& it won't be anything as inferior as a Ducati challenging him for it)... 2 years ago that was an impressive effort from a heroic comeback... this year it's getting your "backside tanned" despite having already doubled Rossi's win tally from 2010... double standards?... from a Rossi fan?... NEVER!

:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices