Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Ben Spies relieved with top five MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Ben Spies relieved with top five

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Ben Spies relieved with top five

Ben Spies was relieved to make a welcome return to the top five in the 2012 MotoGP campaign after a tough race in Misano yesterday. The Texan saw the chequered flag for the first time since the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello in early July with a fifth place that saw him finish just 1.5s behind Alvaro Bautista in third. Spies battled...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 September 2012 10:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I am relieved too Ben finished the race a podium would have been great considering the bad luck he has had in the last three races I just hope this is the end of the bad luck what has dogged Spies season. But this top five finish feels like a podium to me despite not having a perfect set up.

Reply to this Topic
adrenalin

Jun 09

adrenalin says:

5th place, with no Stoner, Pedrosa or Crutchlow is nothing to be happy about for a factory Yamaha rider! In reality he was running in 8th place pace and only ahead of Hayden (injured) Rea (stand in) and Bradl on a customer Honda with issues.

Can't see Ben setting the world alight on a customer Ducati..... 

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Should have finished at least 3rd

Should have finished at least 3rd if not 2nd in the race with the package he's got underneath him and with the riders that wern't in the race and with the riders that didn't finish. Yes he did finish the race which he hasen't been able to do recently for one reason and another but if you are riding the best overall bike on the grid you need to be beating riders on lesser machinery than you i.e. Bautista and Dovi. I do think with the amount of bad luck he's got recently just to cross the finish line is a step in the right direction for him. Hopefully he can build on this result and go into Aragon stronger.  

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Time to give it up

As we all know ben has had bad luck. But even when things have gone well, ben has always looked like the poor relation of the paddock. I also wonder about the ability of his chief mechanic. That bike looked terribly loose on Sunday, and rumours are rife about houseworths ability, or lack of it.

You guys are way out of your depth. Should have gone back to wsb, and taken your mommy with you.

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

WSB slot

Spies should have taken the WSB BMW slot, that's what he does best, if he couldn't hack  it to a podium on Sunday, he's not going to, and the Ducati won't do him any favours next year, apart from the extra cash. 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

It might be extra cash for him riding the Ducati but the best thing about it is Spies has only signed one year deal playing it safe some good advice from Hayden to Spies don't try to turn the Ducati into a Yamaha.

Flob the knob get a life tosser.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

How is 5th in a race without Pedrosa, Stoner & Crutchlow a good result? Yes he has had some bad luck this year but he's also ridden terribly, Even on Sunday he was missing the apex every other corner.

He's got what is generally regarded as the most rideable bike on the grid and he's wobbling round like its his forst time on the thing.

I hope it works out for him on Duke but I just cant see it, should of gone back to WSB on the beamer and been competitive again.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

GYTR

Elbows, been off here for awhile and have wowed to not torment u as much, but why do you have to tell people to feck off?? Flob doesnt say anything that isnt true, Fifth and third placed Yamaha is hardly a massive achievement is it? If Dani and Crutchlow had stayed on it would have more likely been seventh.

Nothing wrong in being Spies superfan, but try to except Ben just hasnt made it to the very top at this level, and after failing for two years on the easiest bike out there, its very unlikely to be any better on the fickle Ducati is it?

Reply to this Topic
0wo1fogno1

Sep 12

0wo1fogno1 says:

Not enough

Not good enough,Ducati have done him no favours,BMW was his best option in wsbk.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Slob says

Just a distant flakey fifth,Did he not close in on the fourth spottty rider,I know what you mean though cabbage

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices