Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow blows golden podium chance MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow blows golden podium chance

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Cal Crutchlow blows golden podium chance

Cal Crutchlow blew a great chance to claim a second successive MotoGP rostrum after he crashed out of contention on lap five in Misano. The British rider was lining up an attack on Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team-mate Andrea Dovizioso when he lost the front-end of his YZR-M1 machine at Turn One. The 2009 World Supersport champion was unable to remount and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 September 2012 10:45)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
meccano

Aug 02

meccano says:

Easy for me to say but....

....Cal seems to struggle when it comes to putting a successful overtake on someone who is at or about his pace.

We've seen it a few times wher he has either had to just follow Dovi home or crash trying to overtake.

Contrast that with Bautista yesterday, who was able to dispatch Bradl and Dovi cleanly and without incident.

Something else to work on, Cal?

Reply to this Topic
COZ69

Nov 10

COZ69 says:

Unlucky Cal

These things happen in racing

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Learning curve

Unlucky cal

Reply to this Topic
rustysheriffsbadge

Jul 10

flob

Do you sit at your computer all day waiting to put people down who comment on cal. How you must have been praying for the race to unfold in that manner.Why have you got such a grudge against him or any of his supporters? His mistake took himself out of the race but did not affect anyone else's race.IMO barbera's mistake was much worse as it not only spoiled his own race but the whole championship this year.Yet you comment on just glad he's ok {which we all do}.Yet it highlights the fact that you are only on here to annoy people. Your life must be so sad that you have nothing better to do.Im not going to get drawn into personal put downs etc but please try and find something better to do with your time. life is short and should not be spent being so bitter. Yes Im English and therefore like to see my fellow countrymen do well. I am sure cal will learn by This crash. Please try and be constructive or dont comment at all.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Explanation accepted Cal

Thing is this. The whole paddock knows Dovi is the current Alex Barros of late brakers. Don't try him unless you have a very good run on him on corner exit. You knew it and blew it.

Suddenly that 5th place in the title chase is looking decidedly open.

Reply to this Topic
george shuttleworth

May 04

Flob off

Flob.. get a life you sad twat... Isnt geting  banned twice under the benny alias's  a hint that that your not really wanted on here? .. Your pathetic!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I see a picture of what could have been

An enticing Italian flag and the green pastures of Ducati Corse. 

If only he'd stay on the thing a little more often. Ducati had their fill of one podium and lots of crashes last year.

Looks like Wosi is going to have to switch his allegiances back to Rossi.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Just because....

of a certain forum fool (of which there are many) don't blame Dovi for Cal's woes. Neither should Cal try put some of the blame for his crash on Dovi in a very vague way. His whole interview was just a big bunch of circles. Much like a pro footballer it seems that along with Stoner when asked a question they both feel they need to give a five minute answer. Why? Stoner gets quite technical which is reasonable but I feel they should just take a leaf out of the Lawson/Roberts book and just say what happened or what you think and wait for the next question. ***** Crutchlow has done an amazing job joining the GP go fast boys and I think not only has he been a revelation he has exceeded my expectations from two years ago by miles. Cal has been great and though obviously still learning (hopefully) commands the respect of one of the fastest racers on the planet. ***** Again, regardless of what you think about one of his "unwanted" "fans".... Dovi is only one of many riders Cal must do battle with and if Dovi is keeping Cal off of the podium it can only be Cal's responsibility to defeat him. Dovi is the better rider/package for now and that is it. He is on the same bike which negates machinery from the issue. Pretty clear to me. Dovi's results and experience place him clearly in front of Spies and Crutchlow. Maybe Dovi just knows how to run his own race, at his pace, and reaps the best that he can sow every race. Until you over step the mark and crash, that is all that can be expected of any one of us on track on any given day. ***** Respectfully yours, WWB

Reply to this Topic
0wo1fogno1

Sep 12

0wo1fogno1 says:

Glob will

Pay for his smeegal style antics,you have been warned!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Anomalous

Sep 12

Anomalous says:

Jack the Lad

Personally I doubt that Crutchlow will achieve anything notable in MotoGP. He's quick on a good day, without doubt, however his attitude reveals a lack of intelligence and intelligence is what's also needed in this sport, as in many others. The preposterous excuse that he'd have been fine if Dovizioso wasn't impolite enough to obstruct him says it all really. And his stupid and inappropriate comments when interviewed on the grid reveal a chronic lack of maturity. And, of course, he fell off again.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices