Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Rossi and Bautista dedicate podium to Marco Simoncelli MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Rossi and Bautista dedicate podium to Marco Simoncelli

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Rossi and Bautista dedicate podium to Marco Simoncelli

Valentino Rossi and Alvaro Bautista dedicated their brilliant podium finishes in yesterday’s Misano MotoGP to late Italian star Marco Simoncelli. Italian Rossi claimed his best ever dry result for Ducati with second position before he dedicated only his third rostrum on board a factory Desmosedici machine to close friend Simoncelli, who lost his life in a horrific crash during last October’s...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (17 September 2012 10:57)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Sorry FB...

"Yes Rossi has been battling it out with Bradl, Bautista etc, but he has been coming off second best every time"

... in the 11 races they've finished together he's beaten each of them 4 times this year... this win over them takes Rossi from just under to just over his 1/3rd split between the 3 of them... sounds pretty even to me... this is not Bautista's home track & he didn't have a test here to set-up 2 weeks ago yet he managed to come from 7th at the end of lap 1 to Rossi's 2nd & got to just about 1 sec back on lap 18... in traffic... the bets were on Rossi beating him... which he unsurprisingly did.

JL had 3 vital things holding him back... no competition, no set-up & the championship. He was taking it that easy his fastest lap was almost half a second down on last year's where they're almost always faster on the 1000's (both Rossi & Bautista were faster than their 2011 times).

The surprise of the day was that both Rossi & Bautista beat Dovi... implying that Dovi was having a particularly bad day rather than the other way around.

I can't believe you're actually trying to make Rossi sound worse than he is... he beat a rookie & the guy accused of making Suzuki look bad on satellite bikes at his home track as the only one with set-up time... he beat them... again... cool!... there'd have been some serious questions if he hadn't.

Even Rossi mad MCN have said it... "The Italian set a best time of 1.34.619 to finish 0.762s off Pedrosa but it is worth remembering he did complete a two-day test at Misano recently and had an advantage with his rivals missing vital set-up time this weekend because of the weather."

Other than losing 2 places on the 1st lap Bautista did a great job & was a credit to his predecessor & his team, but had shot his tyres by the time he got up to 3rd battling through the field. Rossi's good work came on lap 1 & he did his old friend proud. RIP Simo!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Good one Bautista

Great ride by Alvaro.  He's more talented and level headed than Marco. Gresini should be happy, they're gett'n better value for money. 

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Slorta...

"He's more talented and level headed than Marco"

Erm... what?... he got penalised this year for "riding in an irresponsible manner" & knocking JL off & he was one of the top crashers in 2011! Remember the skittles at the 1st corner at Valencia... Bautista?

On the talent front Marco, who scored a genuine 2nd ahead of 2 factory Hondas, missed out on points in 5 of the 17 rounds in 2011,  & still finished a place above Bautista's current position who's only missed one race finish so far this year.

A good ride on Sunday but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Nice touch from Vale and Alvaro. Makes the sport look great. Lets wait and see if Bautista's result was a tiger toni contract time scenario... the rest of his season has been poor considering he's on a full factory Honda.. some bike that and worthy of a rider able to put in more than one decent result.. That ain't JR by the way..

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Hugs...

As said before it's not quite a full factory Honda... it may have factory support but unlike Simo last year he's not on a replica of the bike Casey & Dani are riding & therefore can't share data in the same way. He's effectively in a set-up team of one.

From this story... "Bautista has struggled for much of 2012 with the Gresini squad opting to switch from Ohlins to Showa suspension and he added: “I enjoyed riding again because in the last races I had a lot of problems with the suspension and all this year we have struggled a lot because with Showa we have no reference and sometimes we are lost."

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Hedgehog !

You conveniently forgot to mention it was Marcos 2nd year on the Honda you goose.  This is Alvaro's 1st year on the bike and he's coming 7th in the championship, Marco came 8th in his 1st year.  Bit too close to call.....I agree.  Lets go back to 250's and the records speak for themselves.  I can hear the excuses already.........Marco was on a Gilera......his legs were too long....etc,etc.   

And please, don't start bringing up isolated racing incidents. I have far more ammunition than you do. Give up now, it will only finish in tears.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Goose?

"You conveniently forgot to mention it was Marcos 2nd year on the Honda you goose"

It was Bautista's 2nd on the Suzuki... double goose?

"And please, don't start bringing up isolated racing incidents. I have far more ammunition than you do. Give up now, it will only finish in tears."

Isolated... hmmm... not sure they can be called isolated if they're multiple... I gave you 2... & a history of crashing...  let's look at his 1st year in MotoGP... 4 crashes to Bautista to 2 for Simo. Was it convenient you didn't mention that?

"Bit too close to call.....I agree"

Right... so not "more talented and level headed than Marco."... cool... we agree.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Hedgehog, give us a break !

So rather than compare riders in their 1st year on the same bike, you prefer to compare them in different years on different bikes.  

............I give up. 

But before you go off on another one of your one eyed rants, I seem to remember a certain rider in Malaysia who went out on the first lap and tried to race Bautista and the rest of the pack on a hard tyre when the rest were on softs. You'll call it a racing incident or good hard riding and I'll call it irresponsible and reckless, but that incident certainly did end in tears and unfortunately now Colin E and the rest have to live with what happened.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Slorta...

Give you a break?... you'd compare the performance & level-headedness of a 23 year old in their 1st year in MotoGP with a 27 year old in their 3rd... fair enough...

:blink:

... I mean, which is the biggest difference, the move from 250cc 2-stroke to MotoGP or the swap of manufacturer within MotoGP when you've had 2 years experience competing in that class?

I'm not saying that Marco was the most reponsible rider out there, you said Bautista is "more talented and level headed than Marco."... you've since said that it's too close to call... their results & antics on track would appear to back that up.

"............I give up."

... cool.. I think we agreed about 2 comments ago... so leave it... or carry on... whatever pleases you.

:smile

Reply to this Topic
Slorta

Jul 11

Slorta says:

Agreed

I think we both agree this topic has been done to death.  Agree to disagree.  No hard feelings.  Lets have a beer.  :smile

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices