Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Jonathan Rea encouraged by HRC debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Jonathan Rea encouraged by HRC debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Jonathan Rea encouraged by HRC debut

Jonathan Rea took heart from an encouraging debut MotoGP weekend in Misano after he qualified and finished inside the top 10 on Casey Stoner’s factory Honda RC213V. The wealth of experience gained, despite havig less than two hours on track during a weather-hit weekend, gave Rea confidence that will be faster and more competitive when he replaces injured Aussie Stoner again...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 September 2012 11:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

good on Rea

Got to admit he has surprised me with his gentle approach to riding a GP machine but am sure is he going about things the right way.
He has an awful lot to learn and take in and to push too hard too early would be a big mistake and would ruin any confidence he had built up.
This is to good a chance for Rea to mess up and I really hope he can improve gradually throughout this audition and show HRC he is worthy of a full time seat in Moto GP.

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Well done Rea

Well done Rea. Did exactly what he needed to do and that was to finish the race and finish in the top 10. He will now go into the next GP with a lot more track time under his belt and a lot more knowledge. Hopefully he can build on what he has learned over the weekend and take that into Aragon.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Got to agree with Benny

I thought jonnys weekend was gonna be a blur of broken bikes and gravel rash, but its even worse than I thought. Instead of going out with a bang, he's gonna fizzle out with a whimper. Oh dear.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Bloodbubble.

Solid and safe

Got to think he needs to push on a bit next time out though.

So, exactly what Johnny say's above!

Fascinating. Well done...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The key is in this sentence

“It was fun. I was asked to be sensible and get through the race and enjoy and learn, so in the back of my mind I was like, 'just do that, don't try to be a hero’.

Mission accomplished. Missing all of Friday and half Saturday hurt Jonny far more than the others. Once he's had a chance to think about yesterday and given a full weekends practice next time up I think we'll se a more aggressive and quicker Jonny Rea.

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

more to do yet

well it was not the usual ( hang it out and go for it rea we are used to every week),he was taking it gentle for him, honda told him to bring it home,and learn something, and he did,but rea knows he has to show some pace to impress the boss, so i think we will see the usual aggressive rea in spain  nxt time. get the paint cans out i reckon, his practice times were not that bad for his first time on it, considering his lack of time on it this weekend more needed nxt time tho

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

In at the deep end and in touch with a MotoGP World Champion on a factory bike shown to be good enough for a podium is superb.   

Reply to this Topic
0wo1fogno1

Sep 12

0wo1fogno1 says:

Flobgobshi@e

Watch ur back bumboy

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Thread 2 stinks of

Bubble and squeak ,Goading in pairs