Skip to content

Discuss This Misano MotoGP: Jonathan Rea encouraged by HRC debut MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Misano MotoGP: Jonathan Rea encouraged by HRC debut

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Misano MotoGP: Jonathan Rea encouraged by HRC debut

Jonathan Rea took heart from an encouraging debut MotoGP weekend in Misano after he qualified and finished inside the top 10 on Casey Stoner’s factory Honda RC213V. The wealth of experience gained, despite havig less than two hours on track during a weather-hit weekend, gave Rea confidence that will be faster and more competitive when he replaces injured Aussie Stoner again...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (17 September 2012 11:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
linf1200

Aug 02

linf1200 says:

well done j.Rea

just like to say well done on finishing the race.Theres nothing he can do about riders crashing out or top guys not being there.Jonathan seemed to be under no illusion as to how big a mountain he had to climb.I think he did well considering  his experience on those tyres.Rea is a world class rider IMHO and i for one congratulate him for taking on the challenge.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

positive debut

Good job Jonathan! pleased as punch that you just bought the bike back home in one piece , getting it in the top 10 was just a bonus :) hope you can perform just as well in Aragon then wait to decide if thats enough of performance to warrant a Gresini ride in 2013. Gooo on Jonny!!

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No win situation

with the armchair pundits

If he brought it home in 7th or 8th by riding within himself all he gets is not trying hard enough, only beat the CRT mob etc etc.  If he had tried harder, pushed too hard and binned it he would have got what a surprise, out of his league, serial crasher etc etc.

This is a multi-million HRC bike and I'm sure they told him not to needlessly throw it down the road in his first race. He's not in the championship, just get them a finish and a few championship points.

Next race, if this is a genuine 'audition' and not just a fill-in for Stoner, then yes, he'll have to turn the wick up a bit and get a bit closer to the riders positioning around 5th / 6th.

This race though, I'd say he did what he had to and acquitted himself well.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Your right but...

Oh yes I've already complemented Rea's performance at the wekend which was excellent. I just couldn't resist winding up the Rossi haters... If he can finish a fighting 2nd on the rubish Ducati imagine what he'll be doing next term on a factory Yamaha. And they all said he'd lost it. Sorry there I go again ;-)

Reply to this Topic
blencathra

Sep 12

blencathra says:

Rea's performance

I've been looking forward to this since I had a long chat with him about five years ago as he left BSB. I think his whole weekend was spot on and beyond any possible criticism. No human being could jump on a Moto GP bike for the first time and actually impress.However if his GP future indeed depends on Aragon he'll have to take some risks there.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Top 10 is what he needed to achieve and he did. Well done son! Keep it up next race and a Gresini ride may be on the cards.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

did what he got told to do

hrc told him to finish and he did just that, not they may realise the blade he rides is not up to it but he is,i dont know what most ppl exepected him to do, a bayliss??, not easy with these new bridgestones(see rossi and co), even a gresini ride is to far gone i feel but this maybe make honda inject more into his wsbk effort as they bloody should do after the suzuka effort, aiyoma is a waste get rid of him and put the money into johnys team and upgrades ect if available,next round at arragon he may suprise, knows the track well and now the bike a bit better suited to him and not stoner.

good effort rea.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

well he has staying with honda in WSB next year with haslam at team mate

so no motoGP ride

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN