Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN September 19: Rossi dedicates podium to Simoncelli General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN September 19: Rossi dedicates podium to Simoncelli

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

New MCN September 19: Rossi dedicates podium to Simoncelli

In this week's MCN, out September 19, we reveal the all-new Honda CBR500 and CB500. Honda hopes to attract new, young riders with the basic, parallel-twin machines. Also in this week's issue we ride the new Husqvarna TR650 Strada and Terra. Also this week; Maxi scooter group test, Ryan Farquhar retires and all the reaction from an incredible MotoGP weekend at Misano  Honda CBR500 and CB500...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 September 2012 11:20)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ian610

Sep 12

Ian610 says:

CBR500? Yes please!

I currently own a CB500 and absolutely love it, but in the end I would like to get an FI bike with a fairing. I wanted to stick to a twin, so the only viable options to me were the ER6F or NC700X, but this story of an revamped CB/R 500 has made my day! :) I can see it being a real seller if priced accordingly. I will most certainly be buying one in the future if funds allow me.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Sigh...

Bautista gets his 1st ever MotoGP poduim (as a privateer just behind Rossi) on Marco's bike at Marco's track & Rossi gets the headline?... understandable... it sells papers... but it still sucks.

Reply to this Topic
TrumpetTriple

Aug 02

hedgehog5

Although the Gresini team is a private team the bike is a works one as it was agreed for the team to have prior to Marco's untimely and incredibly sad death, can't believe it's nearly a year ago.

So Bautista's debut podium, sadly though he is as dull as dishwater hence MCN being the headline about Rossi's first dry podium on the Duke.

I'd rather the headline was about a titanic tussle between Dani and Jorge, sadly Barbera put paid to that one.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Would it not be better to allow those riders to pay their respects in their own way? Whatever your feelings, they marked the occasion and did not let it go by unremarked upon.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Trumpet...

MCN - "Bautista has struggled for much of 2012 with the Gresini squad opting to switch from Ohlins to Showa suspension"

Evidently factory support doesn't mean he's on the same bike as the factory boys.

Reply to this Topic
skunkburner27

Jun 06

TrumpetTriple

not sure i agree that Bautista is as dull as dishwater, and even though he suffered more than most from Simoncelli's over agressive out of control riding, he still dedicated his podium to Marco. he comes across as a thoroughly nice guy and is also a very good rider, a little more respect is deserved. Good Luck Alvaro!

Reply to this Topic
fryatuck

Aug 09

fryatuck says:

the Honda CB500

Its about time too! great little bikes

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

its....

"dull as ditchwater". as for the new cbr500? I can't wait it sounds brilliant for the everyday commute.

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

Max scooters

I've been reading MCN for 30 years....whats happening?

Bikings about excitment, passion, speed, desire..........Nobody wants to fantasise about Maxi scooters, and other dull 2 wheeled stuff!! 

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Maxi-Scooters and CB500

I wish Honda would bring back a 250cc scooter to the US – still light enough to be handy, but fast enough for controlled access road use without having to be prepared to bail out on the shoulder all the time.

And if they keep the weight down, a Honda CB500 would be a nice real world ride.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices