Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

Valentino Rossi might be heading back to Yamaha in less than two months, but the Italian is still playing a pivotal role in trying to make Ducati a more competitive force in 2013. The Italian raced a new chassis and swingarm to second place in his home race in Misano on Sunday, which was his best dry race result on board...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 September 2012 12:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

So Rossi...

... tried something new & it still didn't work... surprise surprise... next...

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Yawn...... FFS Hedgy..

"But the positive thing is that we tried a new swingarm that I liked a lot because it gave me more edge grip and more rear grip under acceleration, and it helps the bike to stay more stable on corner exits."

"So of the two things, one worked."

Did you choose to not accept the above??? Funny that!!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Nope...

... I took this one...

"In the end, it’s not a real improvement, so I don’t think we’ll use it again."

"Something new"... OK... but I'll give you that one.

... just... it's hardly news... he's always trying some new things... the whole bike was brilliant according to him at the start of the season... exactly what he'd been asking for... but it didn't convert to times on the track... I'll take this as news when it does.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

But you still chose to ignore the positives...

Sums you up and shows you for what you are.... A Stoner fanboy....

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Gotta say hedgehog

that was weak. It clearly says in the piece that Ducati are bringing more development to the table, and as is normal some bits work, some bits don't, but its still interesting to hear about and it tells us more of the story in terms of track performance etc. If only the factory had supplied this stuff at the same kind of rate as someone like HRC, we would have seen these improvements last year, and things would be very different. Its also surprising that VR is still pouring his time and effort into a project thats he's really no longer a part of, but I guess thats just a mark of the mans class.

I had to laugh at the 'he's always trying new things',  well thats just the point isn't it. The development on these Ducati has been horribly slow and nowhere near the frenetic pace of the Japanese. Perhaps if you read some of these articles instead of just picking out the parts you want to use to make a weak argument, you may learn something. But I won't hold my breath. Maybe you're the kind of guy that only looks at the pretty pictures.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Aye...

"I had to laugh at the 'he's always trying new things',  well thats just the point isn't it."

That was my point... yes... the point is actually winning races & championships... is he closer this year?... the bike's improved I'm sure, as it has each year, but it has to improve more than it's competition to catch up.

... & I did say I'll give you that one Moaner... a point you decided to ignore like the blah blah blah.. whatever.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Supermario

Rossi is a born winner and his legacy important to him. His 2 years at Ducati have been a disaster and im sure he cant wait to get out but if he can pick up a couple more podiums and leave a decent bike with some potential then he will give everything he has to acheive it.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Hang on...

"& I did say I'll give you that one Moaner... a point you decided to ignore like the blah blah blah.. whatever."

Yeah, you did say that but only once you went back in and amended your post once i replied and showed you up to be biased....

You are a slippery little fucker aintcha.....

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Moaner...

... I amended it straight away... you didn't refresh... again I'll say I'll give you that one but I am honest. I didn't wait for you to respond. I actually amended it twice before you reposted (not unreasonable in less than 5 mins). I can't help if you're a bit slow.

:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What frenetic pace of the Japanese factories

Sounds like Yamaha haven't touched the chassis - don't need to I guess.

HRC have had three chassis this year. DP races nr.3 Stoner choose to stay with nr.2.  They still have chatter.

So what's this then, GP12 chassis nr.4 in aluminium?

As usual from SM - utter tripe.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices