Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

Valentino Rossi might be heading back to Yamaha in less than two months, but the Italian is still playing a pivotal role in trying to make Ducati a more competitive force in 2013. The Italian raced a new chassis and swingarm to second place in his home race in Misano on Sunday, which was his best dry race result on board...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 September 2012 12:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Are you feeling ronery

nostro?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Needs to be competitive don't want to see Hayden and Spies down the order.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh I get it Supermario

you only have 3 fingers on each hand. This'll explain your counting difficulties.

Ducati D16. Original ally prototype chassis for the GP12 which become known as the GP0, revised chassis before first race - GP12, Misano race weekend chassis, and Misano post race test stiffer version. Four chassis, and an equal amount of swingarms as I understand. together with a bit of tinkering inter season.

Honda RCV213. Last years 1000cc prototype chassis - equivelent to the GP0, start of year season chassis - Stoner's still on this one, and revised chassis introduced for Laguna Seca in July.

Capiche you dozy little cartoon?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

So

Ducati starting the year with 1 chassis, and then revising it at Misano makes 4 does it?

Also, you say now that stoner is on his first chassis, but earlier you said it was number 2? with Pedrosa on number 3.

I hope you've got a good accountant coz you can't count for shit!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

FB...

"The bike probably was good at the beginning of the season, but all the Jap bikes raised their game as well."

Which is what I've said all along... these guys don't stand still... people said Stoner "developed" the bike backwards... we all know that's tosh now especially as it was actually better each year... unfortunately it needed to be more than better to keep up with the competition. As I said I have no doubt that the 2012 Duke is an improvement on the 2011/10 but it needs more.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Last six..

Bulto - are you serious?

Honda and Yamaha tested at Aragon just recently. Rea, 2013 M1..remember? Not saying you're trying to break Ducati's balls or anything.

Finally Preziosi has made upgrades available. Ductapi were using the frame from the Sepang tests up until the Misano test a couple of weeks ago.

Wouldn't it be ironic if just as Val is leaving, they start to make progress on turning the bike around from a one horse cart to a thoroughbred that any good rider can go fast on. Such a shame Corse relied too much on data rather than listening to the man. Furusawa told them that's all they'd have to do..but Preziosi didn't understand the basics until he explained some of those too.

The new swinging arm will hopefully add race pace to the new found consistency. The Japs will have form going into Aragon after the recent test there..much like Ducati at Misano. If Rossi can be competitive there it will be more encouraging.

Imagine if Like Stoner..Rossi finished his spell with Ducati on a high but, unlike his predecessor, left a vastly improved bike that was competitive in the hands of others?

If that happened and Rossi was fast on the M1 from the off..there'd be a few regulars here with some serious credibility issues.

You know who you are fckos..so do we.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

O.K you don't want to listen SM

What I would like you to explain though is this frenetic pace of the Japanese factories you mention.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Oh ok then, you just gonna ignore your mistake yeah?

Fair enough. So you mean to tell me, as someone that (allegedly) knows what he's talking about that the Japanese factories develop their bikes more slowly than Ducati, yes? Thats what you're saying? You're saying that the industrial collossus Honda, with all its commercial might and know how, have made a worse job of developing their machine than the relatively tiny factory in Bologna?

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

All these upgrades that are coming from Ducati, after a year of nearly fck all.........I wonder if Audi has had a quiet word in Preziosi's ear, like get you finger out, or fck off.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Well, looks like things are starting to move forwards at Ducati, better late than never but if Ducati had really wanted to keep Rossi surely these upgrades would have come earlier in the season?

I can't understand why, given the shocking performance of the bike (relative to the other factory bikes), Ducati didn't rock up to each GP or test  with an updated chassis or swingarm, with differing weight distribution or geometry or adjustment or stiffness. Surely FTR don't charge them that much, that a new chassis once a month or so is going to break Ducati Corse development budget?

Seriously though, anything that brings more bikes nearer the front is welcome in my eyes.  Hopefully the new swingarm will help too.  I don't think Aragon will be a fair representation of the Ducati's performance, given that, as Wosi has already mentioned, HRC and Yamaha have recently completed a two-day test there.

Fingers crossed for more developments between now and the end of the season, although with there being three fly-away rounds coming up I can't see them doing much testing between now and Valencia.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices