Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

Valentino Rossi might be heading back to Yamaha in less than two months, but the Italian is still playing a pivotal role in trying to make Ducati a more competitive force in 2013. The Italian raced a new chassis and swingarm to second place in his home race in Misano on Sunday, which was his best dry race result on board...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 September 2012 12:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yeah..and

Don't forget..Stoner was as fast on the GP10 as the RCV212?

Ignore the 10 wins to 3 and a title to 4th. Fkin shite those Honda's.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Firebird

The statement your saying is Probably the correct One but they'll never let that one slip eh lol.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Just look at that little sewer rat squirm

Once more your own words bite your on the arse Supermario. If your objective with each post is to paint yourself a fool I must say you're doing an admirable job.

Here's a few scenarios for why  Corse have been only two months slower than HRC in bringing out an updated chassis this year;

1: Rossi blew the development budget 2011 with all the bits, he first loved and then hated, then consigned to the skip as he got slower, and slower...

2: Corse perhaps were also waiting (as HRC did) for Dorna / Bridgestone to stop tinkering with the rules and tyre compounds so they knew what they had to build a bike around.

3: Pretty early on in this season Rossi was tripping up over his bottom lip, and quite plainly wasn't giving his 100% in the races. Witness Laguna where he crashed because his mind wandered off somewhere. Now what company would invest in a rider that wasn't meeting his end of the bargain?

We've had so many 'boy who cried wolf' false dawns with Rossi already during his Ducati tenure. We really won't know just how good the D16 is until Dovi and Spies get to test the thing in November - presuming they're allowed to.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Ha ha ha

You're so transparent nostro. If I'm squirming then why have you changed the subject twice? (Twice is one more than once, I know you have a problem with numbers)

You've fallen flat on your face with your argument, and instead of acting like a man, putting your hand up and saying......

"you know what, I simply don't have the intelligence to understand what you wrote mario, and to attack you about it was entirely pointless, sorry, I'm a twat, lots of love nostro xxx"  

........you instead wriggle and squirm and change the subject, turning a sensible thread into a Rossi slagging. How sad is that? You can't answer my questions or debate in a reasonable fashion, so you change the subject and start randomly slagging Rossi. Nice move. Classy.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi

Bulto - are you serious?

Honda and Yamaha tested at Aragon just recently. Rea, 2013 M1..remember? Not saying you're trying to break Ducati's balls or anything.

Not accusing Ducati of anything or implying anything. Just couldn't remember what the rules were for using the riders to test and wondering why it only seems to be Ducati that make use of them as they have had several private sessions now. Nothing more than that. They've contravened nothing.

The recent Aragon test, I thought, was a scheduled test as Honda, Yamaha and a number of CRT teams were there whilst Ducati and the other CRT teams went somewhere else (Jerez?) You're readiing something into nothing.

Have to take issue with the last part of your piece though - you're edging towards crediting Rossi with this perceived improvement (better to judge after another two or three races given the recent 2 days solid pounding around Misano)

Firstly, no-one knows what Rossi has allegedly asked for that he was never given as if there was anything, it has never been made public, therefore no-one can say that Ducati have now listened to him and delivered.

Secondly, you and others still refuse to acknowledge Rossi's own comments made several times up to the Audi takeover (his stance suddenly changed then to Ducati won't follow our direction) Collectively, these were along the lines of  -  I don't know how to fix it - I don't know what's wrong with it - I'm a rider not an engineer - this bike can't be fixed by set-up (following which he went faster using Haydens set-up) - we're lost. These are all on record so no use disputing them.

I mention this not to have a go at Rossi, but as a reminder that he spoke those words, so when you say Ducati have finally listened to him, what exactly is it that he asked of Ducati other than - I need more feel from the front end? Can you answer that - just that question specifically? Just to back up any forthcoming claims to a forum near you, that Rossi has turned Ducati around.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

More tripe from Nostro........he is presuming, from the comfort of his armchair that Rossi wasn't trying. Racing is in these guys blood and they want to be competitive, so not trying isn't an option. The bike wasn't performing as Rossi wanted and so he couldn't push as he would of wished, so disheartened yes, but nothing to do with not trying.

If it was a case of Rossi not trying, why when he is leaving, should he start to try now.  The reason is, Ducati have at last given him what he wanted and as a racer he wants to ride it well, like he would of wanted to 18 months ago.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Supermario

The questions following your jaundiced appraisal of Rossi were rhetorical, I neither wanted or expected any sort of sensible reply from a fckwit like you

Maybe I am a bell end - as you see one day in day out in mirrors I bow to your superior knowledge of such matters

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Wooooooooooo!!!

ha ha ha whatever bumboy

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

nostro

Well said mate,i am sick of the fawning cringeworthy little boys who hero worship rossi,i wonder if they have a picture of him on their walls ? .hero worship is an ugly strange thing for a grown man to do.rossi is a great rider he is not superhuman.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Wow

another stunningly pointless post from the orange militia

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN