Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

Valentino Rossi might be heading back to Yamaha in less than two months, but the Italian is still playing a pivotal role in trying to make Ducati a more competitive force in 2013. The Italian raced a new chassis and swingarm to second place in his home race in Misano on Sunday, which was his best dry race result on board...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 September 2012 12:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Ducati inertia..

The point is..the factory team has had to wait NINE months to get a chassis that allows them to get the bike set up with ballpark geometry.

Rossi is not an engineer Bulto. Preziosi is the engineer..supposedly. It's his job to fix stuff but he hasn't been listening and has been too slow..some would say clueless.

It's no coincidence these new parts have come AFTER the meeting with Furusawa, who spoke of basic design principles being ignored and not adhered to..

No. I cannot disclose the information related to the Yamaha, and we didn’t discuss anything in the details. I have just explained them about my approach and the way of thinking, especially what I had done in 2004. For example, ‘centroid triangle’ - which is a triangle made from front and rear contact point with the ground and the center of the gravity of the bike - shouldn’t be shaped like this or that (gestures with his fingers to show the vertex goes too far to the front or rear side). Or, when they refer to the suspension, they always measure and express with the ‘stiffness’. But, my approach is different. I would take a look at a ’frequency’ of suspensions and try to make the front and rear frequencies as close to the same as possible. It makes the weight-transfer of the bike smoother. Although they are just generalities, I could manage with our bikes in those scientific approaches. What I explained to Filippo was those kinds of ideas of mine and the way of thinking.

Burgess however, does have a clue and has been scathing about Ducati's efforts this year.

“This bike is still a frame wrapped around an engine, rather than an engine designed to go in a frame. We need new crankcases because we can’t keep raising the engine because then the countershaft sprocket gets higher and higher which affects the swingarm pivot and thus handling. You’d think we would’ve had new ’cases by Le Mans, but here we are at the ninth race with the same bike we had at the first tests."

“There’s lots of other little things. The Honda gets a jump on us out of the corners because it’s smoother and the Yamaha is another step better. They’ve got primary and secondary injectors, while we’ve only got single injectors.”

As for Nostros..Rossi blew the development budget and perhaps Ducati were waiting.. the desperation is palpable in his words. A short while back and a couple of conspiracy theories ago, the tyres were changed at Rossi's personal bidding to fk up Stoner..now it's a geniune reason Corse have taken so long to deliver?

Wipe your face and put the orange lippy away shag..This ain't a face painting convention for clowns.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Well said Wosi

in short, Rossi will not be leaving a SHIT PIG, nor has he signed off like Stacey did in so early in 2010. His de-briefs and choice of the best parts continues and the SHIT PIG mold is finally decaying and a fucking real bike is emerging from the mold. It's a Champion's bike where anyone who straddles it will find the base so good they can have a chance for podiums. 

VIVA LA SHIT PIGS STACEY MOANER aka STOENZO!!!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

MAD BIRD

C'MONNN!!!!! ROSSI CONTINUE DEVELOPT THE BIKE???? C'MON!!!! SINCE WHEN???

before furusawa met with all the ducati's engineering and presiozhi, where was rossi???? only took 3 times to furusawa to explain something that so good for ducati and now we can see time difference with 1st rider cut to 15 seconds!!!!

c'mon mr. mad birt. don't post something ridiculous here! it's furusawa that help developt ducati. the parts rossi used was started produce after the meeting.

this is soooooo NONSENSE!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Naught so simplistic as a 46'er

As Wosi so amply displays following the well deep hole Supermario dug himself.

Are you really that thick as to believe that following a meeting with Furusawa a short while ago to talk engineering generalities that Corse have somehow had a collective directional change epithany? Your naiviety remains absolutely laughable Wosi and Coy.

My softer front tyre at Rossi's behest theory ( 'fucking up Stoner' as you put it had nothing to do with it in my mind - merely a potential by-product) and a revised Corse chassis need not be mutually exclusive points Wosi. The softer front was just another development part that didn't work for Rossi.  Again in your naiviety you seem to think the technicians and engineers can just magic a new part to suit say a tyre, rather than the reality of the labourious dilligent collection of data that will actually give clear direction using engineering principals.

You seem to come from the Rossi / Burgess school of helter skelter development Wosi. 'Just give us new parts continually, don't bother to fully design and test, just keep the parts coming, somethings bound to work one day'.

The chassis Rossi raced at Misano sounds like a logical development, with an altered fuel cell and electronics placement getting the static weight forward that Rossi should've been putting dynamically on the front with riding adaption (whoops, he can't actually do that can he?).

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

Ha ha! LMFAO reading some of the comments below. I didn't know that Rossi invented the motorbike. See you learn something every day.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Oh ok then bulto, so as usual no actual fact or proof

just a lot of personal opinion, general bullshit and changing of the subject (again) nostro! So it seems, as I suggested earlier, nothing but stupid statements. QED.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Not that any of this is anything to do with the original point

which was of course that nostro decided to attack my use of the word 'frenetic' to describe the comparison between development by the Japanese factories and Bologna. So you're still saying that Honda develops bikes more slowly than Ducati, yes?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

And I asked him why he had called me. If I joined them and got good results, it would prove his previous developments had been wrong. Or, if I joined them and couldn’t do any good, it would also prove his decision was wrong. I asked him ‘Either way, it will be inevitable that you have to take responsibility. How come you have to take such a big risk?’ Filippo immediately answered with composure. ‘It doesn’t matter if I lose my position. I don’t care at all. All that I care is one thing; to make our bike better.’  - Furusawa to Prezel.

Is this the talk of a man with the courage of his conviction. Whose labourious dilligent collection of data that will actually give clear direction using engineering principals is working?

Preziosi is in the wrong job. He should be heading up the Diavel project with his chopper geometry ideas. Designing accessories. Be interesing to see how the Panigale goes next year eh? Nobody seems to want to go near it!

I'll give you one thing Nostro, develepment has been labourious..vitually non exixtent to this point in 2012.

Isn't that the exact same reason Stoner gave for leaving?

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

If by some chance Rossi wins a race before the end of the season, dovi walks into ducati for 2013 & starts winning, he, ll get all the praise for making the duke work

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Could you perhaps provide a synopsis for me Wosi

Comparing Corse's development work and material output during Stoner's 2009/10 tenure, with that of Rossi 2011/12? I'm picking one list would be very long and the other extremely short. Just like their comparative win and podium lists.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices