Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

Valentino Rossi might be heading back to Yamaha in less than two months, but the Italian is still playing a pivotal role in trying to make Ducati a more competitive force in 2013. The Italian raced a new chassis and swingarm to second place in his home race in Misano on Sunday, which was his best dry race result on board...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 September 2012 12:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Stonered

Wrong on all counts.......Ducati finally come up with a bike that didn't handle like a bag of spanners.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Bulto

That's the point, we don't know if he could of fixed it at Ducati,  because he wasn't allowed the opportunity.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

ROSSI FIX THE PROBLEM????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. JOKE OF THE YEAR!!!! WHY ALL 46ERS ARE SO DUMB ASS STINK LIKE THAT????

LOOK WHAT HE DONE BEFORE FURUSAWA MET DUCATIS. WHAT RESULT??? HE EVEN ADMITTED HE CANN'T DONE ANYTHING ANYMORE!!! AFTER FURUSAWA ADVISE DUCATIS, LOOK WHAT HAPPEN???

WHOSE THE DUMB ASS NOW?? PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE ALWAYS 46ERS.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

There's a few intellectually challenged halfwits

Here that cannot differentiate between can't and won't. So let me clarify for you with a little Rossi paraphrasing; 'I can't ride it like Stoner, so I won't push to my maximum and risk crashing as I did so much 2011. Seventh is about my station.'

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Firebird

That's the point, we don't know if he could have fixed it at Ducati, because he wasn't allowed the opportunity.

That's not the point - Casey wouldn't have 'fixed' it. Whatever he asked them to do in his time there, if they had done it to his satisfaction, that isn't Casey fixing the bike. That's an example of a rider reporting back that the bike is doing something, or won't do something, that affects the way it rides because of a design issue and the engineers putting it right.

Isn't that what they all do as riders?

The point being made was that Stoner isn't capable of providing that feedback, therefore he can't 'fix' the bike and chooses to ride around problems. In contrast Rossi is deemed to have 'fixed' it because finally, the engineers may have done something that all the Ducati riders have been complaining about - but the credit will go to Rossi obviously - in spite of the quotes I've provided from him to the contrary about riders not fixing bikes.

Misano was too early to judge given the amount of testing they did there recently. Wait for the next two or three races to see if the bike is showing real signs of improvement aand still running in a podium position.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Well...

FB - "Stoner had to ride around the problems at Ducati because Preziosi thought his 'baby' couldn't be improved upon, which was the reason why he left. Rossi made no secret of the fact that he wasn't going to do that."

I pretty much agree with that... he was told to quit moaning & go out there & ride it... he did the riding bit to the best of his ability but would he quit moaning?... he had the talent to bring it home for some wins & many times he was the fastest rider on track... it's not the best work ethic for a team though as we can tell from the crashing.

"..does anyone seriously think that if Stoner saw a fault with the bike he wouldnt feed it back and ask for it to be fixed? Yes..wosi."

Wasn't that why he got the label of Moaner?... I think people gave the fact he moaned even when he won as a reason for hating him (in fact, if you hadn't got your account deleted I'm pretty sure we'd find that you said something similar)... so even when he was riding round the problem he'd still give negative feedback... extremely detailed negative feedback... as soon as he got off the bike before the podium you could see him explaining to his team what was wrong with it. Remarkably similar to the feedback Rossi's been giving for the last 2 years... without the results of course.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Turn your back for 5 minutes

and the thread is full of the usual twats crying about Rossi, again. You guys must feel really threatened by VR to feel the need to put him down so much.

Or is it that you're angry because your guy can't manage to ride a bike without binning it and busting himself up at the first whiff of pressure, thus losing any chance of the title and looking like a fool in the process? Or maybe its because caseys giving up at the end of the year because he can't hack it in Motogp? Answers on a postcard.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Well you would know nostrocoward.....

"There's a few intellectually challenged halfwits here"

......you look at the biggest one of all in the mirror everyday!

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

Okay Nostro..... Have it your way....

"What Stoner does do very well is find the best compromise setting he and his team can, and adapt his riding to mitigate machine weaknesses as much as possible"

Still has the same outcome no matter how much of your bullshit i quote!!..... He can't give good enough feedback for the engineers to fix the problem so he "adapts" or in other words....(again) he rides around the problem..  Now then ya little sheepshagger, Ya get me??

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro, Bulto

Don't take life so seriously!   If it wasn't for all the leg-pulling and provocative quips these forums would become a barren wasteland of boredom.       Come on guys lighten up.     Smile!  it's good for you!

And Nostro I've had the MENSA test and my IQ is well above 100.   Thanks for picking up on that !!!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices