Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi continues development work for Ducati

Valentino Rossi might be heading back to Yamaha in less than two months, but the Italian is still playing a pivotal role in trying to make Ducati a more competitive force in 2013. The Italian raced a new chassis and swingarm to second place in his home race in Misano on Sunday, which was his best dry race result on board...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 September 2012 12:06)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Unsallied L4D16

The heart of the beast was not ripped out at least although everything else was. My how times change by the week. Some things stay cast in stone. Ducatista revere Desmo L no matter what.

Spare a thought for Preziosi's brainchild. It remains the most powerfull lump on the grid. I never did encounter a racer who complained about a lack of power. In fact we always moaned for more.

Similar chassi design,in this case all encompassing alloy beam,is more influenced by rider/crew set up for race day.

Fly away rounds loom. Aragon is a horsepower circuit. Preziosi's bike has it in spades. Rossi's chassis appraisal remains to be proven with himself at the helm outside of his backyard.  Furasawa's bike is a dainty lady,everyones easy lay. HRC's bike,as ever, somewhere in between.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Desmo

No doubt about the Ducati's power Rossi was able to easily pull on Bradl on every corner and pull away down the straight.  Bike seemed to lack entry and mid-corner speed (laymans observation Nostro).   Personally I would have liked Rossi to have remained at Ducati and seen it through win or lose!  What would have been a more fitting exit at the end of his career to bring the Desmo up the winning machine that it should be - Audi wanted him bad enough.    However it is what it is - good luck Dovi.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

As another layman Saturn

I agree with your observations, although I would state Rossi looked a wee bit down on Bradl with entry and mid corner speed, as opposed the the merits or otherwise of their respective machines. So fook knows what Burgess is whining about with 'lack of acceleration'.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

The thing that makes me laugh is the amount of people who blame Stoner for Rossi's failue on the duke, im a massive Rossi fan but its not Stoner's fault he hasnt made it work. riders dont make the bikes, does anyone seriously think that if Stoner saw a fault with the bike he wouldnt feed it back and ask for it to be fixed? Stoner should be applauded for the results he got on a bike no one else could ride, apparently he's taken the Honda backwards as well but I dont see the evidance in that. both Pedrosa and Stoner were right in the fight until Casey got injured (could happen to anyone, happened to Lorenzo last year) and the faites conspired against Dani. Rossi has had a poor season but i dont believe has ever thrown in the towel, looks like he may have turned a bit of a corner so lets see what happens for the rest of the season.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

This is MCN..get real!

..does anyone seriously think that if Stoner saw a fault with the bike he wouldnt feed it back and ask for it to be fixed?

Yes..wosi.

Stoners ego is such that there aren't any faults he can't ride around. He positively prides himself on it.

NO..the new RCV frame is crap, I'll stick with the old one. Chatter, Chatter, Crash, Bang, Wallop! Cheeky little high-side you managed there Casey?

While I respect your opinion MrKrabs, saying..it could happen to anyone and so lets see what happens for the rest of the season, is all a bit too pleasant for my liking and leaves us virtually nothing to wind other fans up about.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Wosi old lad

is all a bit too pleasant for my liking and leaves us virtually nothing to wind other fans up about.

You're a funny fcker at times - that started my day with a smile

You know you love Casey really, the more you wear  those yellow panties, the more the yellow dye fades to reveal the original orange underneath

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

No problem..

Glad to be of service..

Keep smiling pal..good idea to get practising early 'cos it may be difficult next year for you.

:tongue::biggrin::wink:

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

shit the bed

did you?, fair point about casey tho, but he still does ride around problems,rossi however fixes them if possible,arragon will really show if the duke has improved if its a dry race. looking forward to see cal coming back strong.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

You should listen to Trippy

more often nostro, you might look less of a fool that way. But I stress 'might'

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

sm

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: