You are in... Forums > General > General > Sidecar Racing

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

captain435

Feb 12

captain435 says:

Sidecar Racing

Good afternoon all - strange thing to ask, but does anybody know where I could either get more information on or actually get a racing sidecar:unsure:. My friends and I have done the solo thing of race days and track days and schools, we are looking at possibly entering into the niche world that is outfit racing:biggrin:.

Any help greatly appreciated as there seems to be very little information out there:sunglasses::sunglasses:.

Regards

Jeff

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 September 2012 14:52)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

I know nothing

about them personally. However, my local Yamaha dealer races sidecars - former TT winner I believe. May be able to point you in the right direction:

www.ianbellmotorcycles.com

Reply to this Topic
steveenglish

Sep 12

steveenglish says:

chairs

You'll find most of the UK sidecar teams on the forum on my website, also bikes for sale in the classifieds there.
Like you say it's a niche world we live in ;)

http://www.stevesplace.org

Reply to this Topic
foxman

Aug 02

foxman says:

It might have changed, but....

in the early 2000s when I was racing, all you needed was the same race licence as a solo, a passenger and finally an outfit.

Most of the clubs do the races, including EMRA, Darley Moor, Tonfanau etc and it is definitely worth getting along to the Festival OIf Sidecars in October at Mallory
Sidecar Festival

You might find it a prob racing them if you are taller than everage and getting parts is not as straightforward as for solo racing, but the thrill is soooooo much more :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Sidecars

I always used to view sidecars as a little strange. However my view changed recently when I attended the BMCRC championships at Snetterton. Sidecar racing F1 & F2 classes were amongst the action that day. I have to say I rally enjoyed it...

I did take some pictures, which I'll post later... It's the final round of the BMCRC at the end of September. I've already decided that I'm going along to watch.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Captain

Just contact your nearest racing club.

If you're anywhere near the North East,have a word with Kenny Minns at Merlin sidecars. I know he's just got himself a new one,so his old one may be up for sale. 

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

my brother

used to do sidecar racing, his job was in the chair and spanner man.

Sadly he was killed so I don't keep in touch with things anymore.  But looks like a couple of peeps on here know where to point you

Reply to this Topic
captain435

Feb 12

captain435 says:

Thanks

Thank you one and all for the responses and I now have a way forward. Unfortunately I am in the very far SE of the country and the closest track to me is Brands and they do little in the way of "chair" racing.

Will look at the sites offered and get in touch with some race teams.

Thanks again - stay safe

Captain :smile

Reply to this Topic
steveenglish

Sep 12

steveenglish says:

SE circuits

Down in the SE? Bemsee would probably be your best club or NG to start out with.
As I say if you're looking for a bike or to ask any questions on the tech side do take a look on my place. The forum can look quiet but that's deceptive, a lot of picking up the phone goes on when people ask questions and everyone is very friendly.
Cheers
Steve English (62 drivers so far as a passenger in 21 years, bit of a tart in my younger days)

Reply to this Topic
steveenglish

Sep 12

steveenglish says:

taxi rides available to try it out

by the way!! If you're looking to try out as a passenger there are going to be taxi rides available on 29/30 Brands Hatch. Spaces go fast so you'll need to look up on bemsee.net quickish and get your paperwork in.
If you do say hi to MD and ask him to point you in my direction if you need any help or pointers. Cheers !

Reply to this Topic
hawk750

Apr 09

hawk750 says:

lord of lydden sidecar burn up

Lydden circuit Kent

Don't know if this is still on in October, but it was always the last race of the season & race bikes & sidecars were up for sale there.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices