Skip to content

DUCATI 2013 ‘Skyhook’ Ducati Multistradas unveiled MULTISTRADA 1200

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > MULTISTRADA 1200 > 2013 ‘Skyhook’ Ducati Multistradas unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

2013 ‘Skyhook’ Ducati Multistradas unveiled

Ducati’s updated 2013 Multistrada line-up has just broken cover – with the top-of-the-range models now featuring the firm’s innovative new semi-active suspension system, ‘Skyhook’, as predicted by MCN last month. There will be four different models, as before, all with significant revisions, but the current 1200S Sport model will be discontinued and replaced by a new flagship machine – the Multistrada...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 September 2012 16:04)

Post a message in MULTISTRADA 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Good Move Ducati

Nice to see Ducati keep upping the ante. Very good news for those of us that like technology on bikes. I am glad they are offering this brand new technology the same year as BMW. I think that's says a lot about Ducati's commitment to growth and with VW/Audi backing them, they are also in a solid shape financially to invest in R&D. They are THE motorcycle company to watch now.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

But !!

Sure are nice BUT i don't get it,all this technoligy seems to distance the rider from bonding with your machine,i thought that's what it was about,enjoying the ride,being involved and compensating for the bike's shall we say character.If the future is this you gonna have a load of numties who cannot ride anything without a load of buttons at there fingers.Rich mens toys

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Oh I get it....

Sky hooks? Stripy paint? Built with Left handed Screwdrivers? Asking for a long weight? Someone's taking the piss.

Reply to this Topic
andydesmo

Jun 07

andydesmo says:

Multistrada tech

Sprintman I know what you mean BUT as a Multistrada owner I can tell you that you just have to experience this suspension, traction control etc. It is fantastic, open your eyes and try it, this stuff just expands the riding experience, character and feedback of riding one of these bikes. It absulutely is not about dumbing anyone or anything down. I have personalised some of the modes on my bike and usually skip beteween 2 or 3 of them on the way to work (30 minute ride), in the traffic or when out for a ride. The idea is that the modes let you get the very best out of the bike wherever you find yourself riding, lose gravel, billiard table smooth roads, bumpy lanes the lot....this skyhook sounds like its even better...! I guess it recognises a bumpy road and makes the adjustments real time on its own..? Bloody brilliant.... I've been riding everything for 32 years and this bike is total class for long distance and hooning around......

Reply to this Topic
Mistafunky

Oct 11

Mistafunky says:

Gadgets are great when they’re working properly

According to the multistrada forums the electronic suspension is one of their biggest problems and when the suspension does fail it stays in the current mode there’s no manual adjustment. Apparently some faults have been fixed with nothing more than a software upgrade but others have required suspension replacement, which wont be much fun when it’s out of warranty! Hopefully skyhook will be a lot more reliable...

Reply to this Topic
Fly by night

Sep 07

Fly by night says:

Not bad

This is by far the best looking ducati I have seen, but the one thing that seems to let it down is the paint job by the looks of things, it needs a good paint job the one it has is just not so good a all.

Reply to this Topic
GFYALL

Dec 09

GFYALL says:

Excellent

At last biking is getting some of the best tech from the automotive world. The only people who won't like it are the poor riders (in every sense of the word) like snot (aka snev). Now just putting a nice bottle of Dom Perignon in the cooler, ready to enjoy after a nice ride in the September sunshine. Well done Ducati for providing another product that distances biking from the grim working class 1970's. Funny how those who were strikers and ruined the UK economy are still riding bikes from the 70's and 80's. They must be nostalgic.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

gfyall

I think you are Lacking a sense of Humour as well as a sense of reality, as a "Poor" rider with only 8 bikes, a Volvo Diesel, 2 exotic 4 wheelers an uneconomical "boat" and various other "fun" Toys, not to mention my own Successful business, A few Properties around the Globe and a girlfriend called "gold digger", Your assumption of my wealth is ...ermmm.... snot really very accurate. nod nod, wink wink.

Reply to this Topic
andydesmo

Jun 07

andydesmo says:

Mistafunky

FORUM SNORUM....If you' believe everything you read on forums you'd never buy anything, do anything or try anything new....Life would be utterly dull with nothing to do but go on a forum and depress everyone....ooops just realised what I'm doing. Sod this I'm off for a ride.....

Reply to this Topic
Mistafunky

Oct 11

Mistafunky says:

Rich

Having all views and opinions is rich, criticising each other for them is poor, very poor. Never try anything new? I’ve travelled in over 50 countries world wide! A Ducati maybe good for some things, but it’ll never beat a boring old Honda Transalp for reliability and neither will BMW. Genuinely interested to know how many people would really trust their Ducati alone in The Sahara? For everything else I have the Busa, but good point, I’m off for a ride too…

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices