Skip to content

DUCATI 2013 ‘Skyhook’ Ducati Multistradas unveiled MULTISTRADA 1200

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > MULTISTRADA 1200 > 2013 ‘Skyhook’ Ducati Multistradas unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

2013 ‘Skyhook’ Ducati Multistradas unveiled

Ducati’s updated 2013 Multistrada line-up has just broken cover – with the top-of-the-range models now featuring the firm’s innovative new semi-active suspension system, ‘Skyhook’, as predicted by MCN last month. There will be four different models, as before, all with significant revisions, but the current 1200S Sport model will be discontinued and replaced by a new flagship machine – the Multistrada...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 September 2012 16:04)

Post a message in MULTISTRADA 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Marmalade2

Sep 12

Marmalade2 says:

I was thinking 'skyhook' was the new fast self recovery system for when it breaks down.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

SPRINTMAN52

Most of these people aren't real bikers, they're just people who want to feed their ego, they dont want a real bike, they want a car on two wheels, they miss the point entirely and need to stay in their cars

Reply to this Topic
ninjasquaddie

Jul 04

Multistrada

Sprintman, you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about. I've just this Tuesday returned from a 2100 mile round trip to Misano to go to the MotoGP in my Multistrada. Ever ridden one? No, I bet not, so you're speaking out of utter ignorance. The bike is quite simply the best I've ever owned. It handle like a sports bike and had the added bonus of bring comfortable. The short sighted view of most idiots in the UK is that if it's not a sports bike then it's not a valid motorcycle is short sighted and narrow. You can't get within 40 pc of the capability of even a 600 on the roads so wobbling round Box Hill on a Sunday with two inch chicken strips is just so lame, it's unreal. This bike does it all. It scratches and it tours. It commutes and its got limited off road use ability. It's 150BHP is completely useable and it's as fast as f*ck. if you don't believe me, ask Carl Fogarty. I've been told that he loved the one he was given. Nice to see MCN still attracts clueless fools who know nothing.

Reply to this Topic
Mistafunky

Oct 11

Mistafunky says:

Sky Rescue Hook

What is a real biker? Someone who rides to work and back plus the odd track day or someone who rides around the world? A rescue hook that appears from the sky when you break down is about the only thing that can save Ducati from their reliability reputation for us real bikers. Carl Fogarty and MCN are paid to say nice things about Ducati, pay me and I’ll say the same, but I still wouldn’t trust a Ducati alone in Africa.

Reply to this Topic
SPRINTMAN52

Feb 09

SPRINTMAN52 says:

Ninja not sure if your comment is aimed at me or Steady2.You are right to some extent as far as my knowledge is concerned  and i'm carefull what i say on here although i started riding bikes in the Sixties.I do have a right though to make an opinion and i think what you had to say  could have been put over better and not loose your rag ,i would have respected you more for it.

May i add,i think Manufactures are adding all this Technical Gear as a gimmick,geting you hooked, and making you pay dearly.To me it's not neccessery and not to mention the reliability problems.Who's gonna own one of these things when there out of warranty and thats the real problem.

You say this TECH makes you go faster,why do want to go even faster than a basic DUC.?,you seem to have lost what motorcycling is about(maybe you never had it).

Like i said previously these are Rich man's toys,people with deap pockets,the vast majority would'nt touch one with a barge poll.That's my opinion but if it's for you and you're rich best of luck and ride safe

Reply to this Topic
thedukeofhunslet

Nov 07

Italian toy upgrade.

I have a GS Adventure with the full package on. Of all the extras on it the one I could live without is the trick suspension. My front shock needed replacing on warranty. That was £892. It is nearly 5 years old and I am sniffing around at a replacement. I sooooooooo want the Multistrada but it doesn't even make my short list. I've done 8,000 miles this year and I don't use it to commute - I only use it to go long distances on. Tricky suspension is worthless to me. If this bike had shaft drive it would be at the top of the list. A typical ride out for me is usually about 1,000 miles. You can mock shaft drive but once you've lived without messing about with a chain then you're hooked. Triumph, Yamaha and Honda have all turned to shaft to sell their adventure class bikes. This 'upgrade' is just about finding some toys in the parts bin and throwing it on - there is nothing new here. If it had a shaft on it it would drop right into the GS's sales mountain for those that appreciate the aesthetic more than the hype and sales is something Ducati need desperately.

Reply to this Topic
ninjasquaddie

Jul 04

MST

They most certainly are not rich men's toys. I have the ABS version without the electronic suspension because its a waste of money. How many people outside of track days adjust their suspension regularly? On my MST there's a very handy twist handle to adjust the rear preload. That's all you need. I'm not a rich man. My bike cost 12k and it was worth every single penny. Cheaper than a Blade and cheaper than an R1. I said nowhere that this tech gear makes me go faster. There seems to be some impression that its some sort of MotoGP bike. The tech bits that are brilliant are the dash, the keyless entry, the heated grips and the way the switchgear works. The on the move engine maps are good but I leave the bike in Touring or Sport all the time.. It's the way forwards. Gixxers have had it for ages. As for the GS. I've owned an F800GS and its ten times the 1200GS is. I tested the 1200 and its a lardy and over rated pile of junk.

Reply to this Topic
ninjasquaddie

Jul 04

Dukes of Hunslet

I think you're missing the point. It's not a GS copy like the 1200 Tiger. It's an alternative. Ducati are known for certain things in design, V twin, desmodromics etc, and a chain drive is one of them. It's not aping the GS. It's a sporty alternative. As for it's off road pretensions, just how many GS bikes go off road, really? I commute into London daily and the number of clones on their GSA with the full box set and the Ewen McGregor cock suit makes me laugh. I've had the MST for ten months. It's commuted and also done trips. Two runs to Assen and a 2100 one to Misano. Didn't miss a beat. Sat at 115-120 for hours on end across Europe and is as tight still as the day I bought it. Dismiss the bike because its got a chain and you MIT have to get greasy paws once in a while is shortsighted. Test it and I bet you change your mind about replacing that barge of yours.

Reply to this Topic
speedy666

Sep 11

speedy666 says:

looks

Never mind all the debate over tech, reliability, cost and ego satisfying, one of the first things to attarct buyers is looks. now the GS is not a good looker but has a certain ruggedness about it, but the multi HAS to get rid of the Kenneth Williams snout, i for one will not consider buying something which makes me smirk (not in a good way).

And I am no snob having owned a 900 Divvy !

Sold over 20,000 worldwide?. Could be a lot more I reckon

Any computer wizzards out the there able to mock up a Multi with somehning more pleasing on the eye?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices