Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Should every motorcyclist own a Ducati at some point? New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Poll: Should every motorcyclist own a Ducati at some point?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

admin

Nov 06

admin says:

Poll: Should every motorcyclist own a Ducati at some point?

Next week's MCN (out September 26) features the world first test of Ducati's semi-active suspension Multistrada 1200. This wildly advanced motorcycle provoked an office discussion about Ducatis in general: should every true motorcyclist have owned one at some point? Is it the badge of a pukka enthusiast?  pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (18 September 2012 18:05)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Ducati has come a long way

I would say yes.  The Ducati Diavel that I reviewed recently was really inspiring and I ride a 175 hp K1300S bmwsuperbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Crass Questions & Polls

Who thinks up this crap??????????

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Shiva....

Wow, I'm impressed. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Good ole MCN

Another week... Another Inane question. Considering the dwindling interest the MCN holds for the average motorcyclist wouldn't your efforts be better directed at putting out media that speaks to your target audience rather than asking stupid questions like this. In answer no you dont have to own a Ducati. Even more surprising for a paper with its corporate tongue so far shoved up Triumphs arse you dont have to own one of them either.

Reply to this Topic
gaz1982

Aug 10

gaz1982 says:

wtf?

So what makes a true biker then? Well Im not a true biker because I have never owned a Ducati. I don't think I ever will own one. I just don't like them. So on that note I never will be. Who the hell think's of this?

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

What??

Agree with Gaz1982. What a non sensical question. I've owned Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM and Suzuki but not a Ducati or Harley for that matter. I have no interest or inclination to own a Ducati or HD, this doesn't mean I'm not an enthuasiast, it just means they're not my type of bikes. I've always fancied having a Triumph Speed Triple but not as my only bike....

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

No

I like bikes where im not ripped off, and i can actually travel places on without constant worry. I tend to actually ride my bikes

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

MCN

What a stupid choice of question. Is there anyone out there, at MCN, with a brain????????? Ciao

Reply to this Topic
urbanfireblade

Sep 11

steady2wheels

I bet youve never owned a ducati....i have an '02 Monster. Done thousands of miles and been spot on, 100% reliable. More than i can say for the new suzuki sv i bought previous and sold after 7 months. Or the suzuki bandit 1200 that was in pieces more times than i can count. People who havent owned Ducatis listen to the rubbish their mates spiel and spread the widely inaccurate belief ducatis are unreliable. People who have owned Ducatis will tell you they wish they'd done it years ago instead of another jap bike.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Dream the dream...

I had a Pantah 500, it was very pleasant indeed to ride.

Lots of fun keeping up with the 1000cc UJMs of the time.

My all time number 1 dream bike is a 900SS bevel, if I could only afford a fully restored mint condition black and gold one of those....

Alas it will have to remain a dream.

But yes, a Ducati is a must own, at some point everyone should have one, but not the current range of nonsense bikes, a proper Ducati like wot they used to make.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices