Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Do you use your riding modes switch? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Do you use your riding modes switch?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Do you use your riding modes switch?

If your bike has riding modes (where a switch can change the power characteristics), we'd like to know if you still use them. Or did you try the modes out when you first got the bike, but then leave them alone when you'd decided on your favourite?  pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (18 September 2012 18:35)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

oh yes

My bike has an ultimate power control it has limitless settings,its called a throttle.i have to admit i can see the point of them on a fire breathing superbike,but on a 600 ! ridiculous,if you need them on a 600 you need to learn to ride properly.i suspect its a salesgimmick on 600s probably be on a 125 soon.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hmmm Let me see,Two Gen 2 busa's, 80000 Miles, Well Twice actually once to see what happens and the second time by accident whilst turning with a tank bag, Verdict.... A Big Fat NO. There is a link between your Brain and your Wrist.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

Let me see

35,000 all weather miles on this gixxer thou so far. Full on A mode if you want to feel a connection between wrist and rear wheel so you can give it some on track or even cope with tricky stuff like snow and ice! Try B and C a few times in various conditions until it's absolutely clear that they're utterly pointless. If only they could be remapped to do somat more useful..

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

For the love of...

....no to riding modes. If you need to use it then you shouldn't be on it. Rider modes are for people with pig trotters for hands, and brains the size of a pea. But i guess the manufactures are trying to sell any high powered bikes to novices. 

I have been riding for well over 20 years and never spun the rear up yet, well apart from when i owned a busa:) 

I would rather manufactures spent money on a comfy seat! 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gaz1982

Aug 10

gaz1982 says:

yes I use it all the time

Otherwise known as my wrist. My bike does not have any power mode buttons. Still it goes quick when I tell it and slows down when I tell it. 

Reply to this Topic
wings1372

Aug 02

wings1372 says:

Waste of time

I don't use the power buttons on my GSXR1000 and didn't on my previous one which also had them. Like everyone else, I use my hand to control the power. If you're not confident or experienced to ride a 1000 then don't buy one. I see even less point of these modes when they fit them to 600's

I'd much rather have a fuel gauge or even an electronic oil level gauge so I can check my oil level easily, please Suzuki.

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Riding mode switch

Yes - I've used mine plenty of times.  Usually when I'm going to flash someone to invite them out, etc., and end up hitting the riding mode.   

That's because the riding mode switch on my gsx600r is exactly where the flash switch ought to be,  and the flash switch is awkwardly placed where this power mode switch ought to be.  :mad:

Reply to this Topic
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

i do

i find my gixxer thou easier to control in b setting round knockhill racetrack twisties when its damp..............you get that hairpin even slightly wrong and your off (been there)..................i use it in the pouring rain as well on the road, i find in certain conditions less is more:wink:

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

Slow Learner

I had the pleasure of a weekend on the GSX-R600L1. Great bike, serious fun.. ..until you go to flash the lights: doh - where did the engine go?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

greenturbobob

`Do you miss the Busa? What did you replace it with? I'm scared I might become boring!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices