Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden backs Ducati’s 2013 strategy MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden backs Ducati’s 2013 strategy

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden backs Ducati’s 2013 strategy

American Nicky Hayden has backed Ducati’s signing of compatriot Ben Spies to add experience to the Bologna factory’s 2013 MotoGP line-up. Current factory Yamaha rider Spies will partner Italian rookie Andrea Iannone in the satellite Pramac Ducati squad after turning his back on the chance to make a quick return to World Superbikes next season. Spies and Iannone will ride factory-backed Desmosedici...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 September 2012 12:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Wosi

no just understanding YOUR english..half-wit,,come on then and tell us all in total how many MotoGps that great 'underachiever' Dani Pedrosa has won,also have another look at the many GPs he's raced when he's pissed off into the distance and dominated the race(something that Haydens never done)..by the way Wosi,how many total GP wins has Hayden won again..? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Stig

Are you sure ? I used to watch Hazell and it doesn't look like Nicholas Ball to me.  I would say more like Ray Brooks.

Mandy please confirm

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Pedrosa/Hayen

These are the stats -

Pedrosa :    111 starts     18 wins

Hayden :      162 starts       3 wins

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

The most important stat what really matters Hayden has a MotoGP World Championship and Pedrosa does not.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Thanks Wosi

I get the impression your anti Pedrosa rant was somewhat directed my way. That's sweet of you to care.

Of course following your logic all riders from Dani and below should be banished. Which year on year averaged should leave a field of about two. Hmmm, I thought you wanted a somewhat larger grid?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

You're right Nostro..

..It was aimed at your questionable dissing of Hayden with a sentance that fits your boy perfectly?

Dani has had injuries that have affected his performance but, it's part of the game. Riders always fall off. Some do it more than others. Some are grittier and will ride through the pain to collect a handful of points towards a CHAMPIONSHIP..others take time off to heal better and come back stronger.

The way I see things, it's all about winning a World Title..not poles, fastest laps and wins. 18 races to find out the best rider that year.

Dani has a more impressive stat sheet than Hayden until you look and see..he hasn't won a title.

You look again..and he's ALWAYS been on a works RCV.

How many more titles do you think Honda would have enjoyed had Rossi NOT moved to Yamaha? It's not the friggin bike is it?..well..2007 aside.

TBH..I think respective passports have helped both of them keep Factory seats from the very start of their careers in the big class. BUT..Hayden has a title. Pedrosa does not. I don't think Pedrosa would have performed any better on the Ducati either. The crashes would have had him retired by now..maybe, probably.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Nicely spread deck of cards

Nick is 88% right with the call. Wosi. 2007 aside ! Oh yeah. Capirossi won that title after coming OH SO CLOSE in 2006. All bike and tire advantage. Michelin 2nd and 3rd negates that argument. Ha,Thank the GP Gods the Rossi/Ducati issue will not be revisited,given 8 weeks or so.

Meantime,back at Borgo Panigale,the team and rider line up can get back to adressing the foibles of the #46 roll of the dice.

Without a doubt Preziosi will be vindicated once the Ducati results start flying in from the start line 2013.

Equally,Ducati's detractors will cry foul. Bike too fast and blah. Circa 2007. Watch this space.

Old news. Flo will next year spin his usual crap when Iannone and Spies deliver....'.I developed the bike'.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Yes,we all know riders get injured ,some even get injured and lose out on championships because they get taken out by other riders,Hayden won a championship but got lucky,there were riders that season that were way quicker..cracks me up when you talk about grit and riding through the pain barrier!! as if you`re talking from some point of reference instead of sitting on your arse behind your computer.Finally,Pedrosas held onto that ride on merit(seasons not even finished so he can still win this years title),he`s been quicker than Stoner and matched Lorenzo all the way,hardly what I'd call an 'underacheiver'...the Spanish pour millions into GP racing and you would be have to be pretty naive to not expect them to favour their own riders,jesus we can`t even fund/support the GP carreers on our two MotoGp riders of the future(both Brad and Scott are in GPs because of the passion and cash our European neighbours are willing to plough into Gp racing)

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

..as if you`re talking from some point of reference instead of sitting on your arse behind your computer..and where exactly are you Buster?

Got lucky my arse..Nicky and his team did the best job that year, which just goes to show..poles, fast laps and even wins..mean fk all when it comes to the Crunch! They beat Pedrosa on the same bike too.

People talk about Stoner dominating the 800s yet Rossi beat him 3 out of 5 seasons? FFS..

Bootlegger..Old news?

Second place..in the dry?

If Rossi can get on the podium a couple of times between now and Valencia, he'll have a right to say he got the bike pointing in the right direction..surely?

Didn't Stoner do the same in 2010?

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Wosi,

I do enjoy you're comments and you are a bloke with a great knowledge of this series (far better than mine!) but with flippant comments regarding the '2007 season', where as the bike made the difference, as if that has been the only season to have that happen makes you sound like an idiot. You're better than this, most of the time (!) and putting in a childish dig at Casey isn't the way forward. You have your favourite and I have mine, the same as the rest of us on here and just because you say so, does mean it right.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices