Skip to content

Discuss This Nicky Hayden backs Ducati’s 2013 strategy MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Nicky Hayden backs Ducati’s 2013 strategy

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Nicky Hayden backs Ducati’s 2013 strategy

American Nicky Hayden has backed Ducati’s signing of compatriot Ben Spies to add experience to the Bologna factory’s 2013 MotoGP line-up. Current factory Yamaha rider Spies will partner Italian rookie Andrea Iannone in the satellite Pramac Ducati squad after turning his back on the chance to make a quick return to World Superbikes next season. Spies and Iannone will ride factory-backed Desmosedici...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (19 September 2012 12:02)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

BBB..

wosi is chidish..and makes no bones about having a pop at Stoner.

He has also said before, that Stoner deserved his title in 2007..he made the difference.

The #27ers seem to want it both ways though. He can develop a bike too..while riding around problems and taming the beast?

The evidence says not..and Stoners self proclaimed disdain for testing plus the fact he always does less mileage than anyone in practice, should give you a clue?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
bigbashbonanza

Mar 07

Give me a clue?

Why on earth should it be me receiving a clue? Being an avid fan of MotoGP, I fully realise that CS completes far fewer laps than anyone else throughout the race weekend (and I'm not including the races he ends up in the gravel trap!) but if that's the way he does his business, then fair enough. Maybe that's why he always has full power, as his engines do 25% less mileage than anyone else's?! Just a thought and if my theory is right, it's not a bad idea as looking at his track record, that extra power he may have has worked pretty good for him.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Wosi

..the difference between you and me Pal is I'm not calling a multi World Champion and a rider who is yet again in contention for a MotoGp championship an 'underachiever'

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

How the best are measured

The way I see things, it's all about winning a World Title..not poles, fastest laps and wins. 18 races to find out the best rider that year. Says Wosi.

Well of course a world title is irrefutable. But not all titles come under equal circumstances do they Wosi? Remebering in 2006 his peers voted Capirossi the best rider that year, despite being third in the points. I would say Rossi was also the better rider than Hayden that year but for DNF's.

Nobody is going to know better than those that grid up. It's like Guintoli said when asked who was the better rider between Stoner and Rossi. Ginters being the only man at the time to have raced both an 800 M1 and D16. No hesitation in his answer - 'Stoner'.

And ever since 2006 Hayden has been a middling little muddler. He's got a winning smile though, and that's enough in some quarters.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Records

You cant change results or history now,take a break and look forward to 2014.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

Course he would, he's happy lapping around in midfield being a bitch.

Reply to this Topic
MandyRamola

Sep 12

MandyRamola says:

Saturn

You've had a good 24hrs to muse over it. I'm going to have to take your next answer before the mighty bloodbubble reveals who it is.

Wosi: I see you abused me slightly further down before, thanks, I guess it must be all that cider in the West Bridgford air, it's people like you that made me relocate to peaceful and calm south coast where you'll be pleased to note I'm doing ok ta, a bit of me will always stay in Notts but it'll always avoid all of you.

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Haydon

is a champion and no one can take that away from him, not his fault HRC decided to go with  D Ped and produce a bike even my 6 year old would struggle to fit on. Pedrosa is quick but he's had 7 years on the factory bike of the biggest funded team in the paddock and has zero titles. problem with him is he's not quite good enough to win a title but not slow enough to sack, time is ticking though, lots of hungry young guns on the way up.

Bradders maybe? he has the speed and a repsol connection.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Repsol money is keeping him at HRC otherwise the chop would have followed seasons ago. Its amazing how Stoner turns up and shows how the bike is ridden and wins on it at the first attempt of asking.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Danny Pedrosa has been living the good life

on Repsol money for some time, and as Krab says he's too fast to sack, but not quick/consistent enough to take a title.

Gonna be on very shakey ground starting next year with the arrival of Marquez, his younger and ultimately (probably) quicker Spanish team mate. Must be a bit daunting for Danny, sort of like when the family buys a new puppy to replace the old dog before he's gone.

So if in 2014 you here that DP has "gone to a farm in the country" say a little prayer and don't be surprised.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices