Skip to content

Discuss This 2013 KTM 1190 Adventure – official pictures released New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > 2013 KTM 1190 Adventure – official pictures released

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Phil West  says:

2013 KTM 1190 Adventure – official pictures released

Following yesterday’s leak of the first brochure shots of KTM’s eagerly awaited new 1190 Adventure, the Austrian factory has now decided to officially unveil the bike in advance of the forthcoming Cologne Show. These three pictures show the new bike in both standard and ‘R’ forms. The orange and silver bikes are the standard version, defined by its 19in/17in wheel combination,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 September 2012 09:40)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
rog5150

Jun 09

rog5150 says:

KTM 1190 Adventure

No more under seat exhaust, slightly more mainstream styling, lots of toys, too much power I think I may have found my next bike!

Reply to this Topic
Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

Does this completely replace the 990, or will the 990 continue alongside it?  I can see that vulnerable side-mounted silencer, and the headers running under the engine, might not be popular with those who do a lot of off-roading.

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

pains

Oh no no NO. My bank manager is wincing already. This baby might tempt me. Test ride beckons, me reckons.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

OHH no no no full stop!!!

What on earth.......???:mad:

Who has let THIS pile o' crap past final inspection?:upset:

Where has the style gone,where is the PARIS/DAKAR look gone to???:shock:

NO WAY,NOT  IN A MILLION YEARS.......May have a good engine but come on,what is going on here?

WHY,take a perfectly good style and TRY to modernise it even further,when all the designers are doing is RUINING a good looking bike?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

Such a pointless bike, it's just too heavy to go off road. The long way series proved that when they kept getting stuck and falling off. Get a 250cc instead if you wanna do off roading. Sad fact is I bet none of these go anywhere but the road, so just get a street bike instead.

Reply to this Topic
2smoke

Jul 12

2smoke says:

Road focus...

This bike certainly looks more focused for the road. The seat looks lower so I guess I might stand a chance of actually touching the ground now! Try not to think of it as an off-road bike, it's more like a tourer that can handle a few pot holes and some light gravel!!

Reply to this Topic
rupertu

Apr 09

rupertu says:

KTM Adventures

Having ridden the KTM 990 Adventure R around the world with the missus on a another KTM 990 Adventure (www.bigbiketrip.net) I would say these bikes are cross continent tourers to compete against the Ducati Multistrada and perhaps the BMW, Yamaha and Triumph Adventure bikes. In the hands of someone who knows what they are doing they will cross anything and they will be awesome for 99.9% of RTW adventure touring. As for going for the classic cross anything Rally style adventure bike (like the old single 640 Adventure), then we are looking forward to a lighter 700cc twin KTM ... perhaps with two of the awesome 350cc pots put together inside a Rallye type frame. Speaking for most RTW riders I know, we are all looking for a light and powerful Honda Africa Twin type bike that you can sit on for 8-10 hours a day on tar, sand, gravel and mud. Our pennies worth from Rupert & Fanny (currently at Everest Base Camp in Tibet on Chinese CF Moto 650TRs)

Reply to this Topic
rupertu

Apr 09

rupertu says:

KTM Adventures

Having ridden the KTM 990 Adventure R around the world with the missus on a another KTM 990 Adventure (www.bigbiketrip.net) I would say these bikes are cross continent tourers to compete against the Ducati Multistrada and perhaps the BMW, Yamaha and Triumph Adventure bikes. In the hands of someone who knows what they are doing they will cross anything and they will be awesome for 99.9% of RTW adventure touring. As for going for the classic cross anything Rally style adventure bike (like the old single 640 Adventure), then we are looking forward to a lighter 700cc twin KTM ... perhaps with two of the awesome 350cc pots put together inside a Rallye type frame. Speaking for most RTW riders I know, we are all looking for a light and powerful Honda Africa Twin type bike that you can sit on for 8-10 hours a day on tar, sand, gravel and mud. Our pennies worth from Rupert & Fanny (currently at Everest Base Camp in Tibet on Chinese CF Moto 650TRs)

Reply to this Topic
rupertu

Apr 09

rupertu says:

KTM Adventures

Reply to this Topic
rupertu

Apr 09

rupertu says:

KTM Adventures

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices