Skip to content

Discuss This Byrne, Hill and Lowes in contention for Paul Bird MotoGP ride MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Byrne, Hill and Lowes in contention for Paul Bird MotoGP ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Byrne, Hill and Lowes in contention for Paul Bird MotoGP ride

British superbike title contenders Shane Byrne and Tommy Hill and rising World Supersport star Sam Lowes are all leading candidates to move to MotoGP in Paul Bird’s all-British squad next season. Bird’s plan to expand to a two-rider effort in 2013 has been approved by MotoGP bosses and he will go ahead with running one Aprilia ART machine again. The second bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 September 2012 10:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CRT

was introduced to bulk up the MotoGp grid but all it's done is produce a second class race within a race strategy.

It's actually done nothing for MotoGP, they might as well run the top 10 World Superbikes alongside the Motogp bikes it would create more of a racing spectacle.

Now I read that Birdy is considering running two riders in CRT and is touting Sam Lowes, Tommy Hill and Shakey Byrne as possible partners for James Ellison. What is the point ? I sincerely hope Sam, Tommy or Shakey would not consider such a move just to get their faces into MotoGp. There would not appear to be a career structure from the CRT class to factory class, quite the opposite the career path would seem to come from Moto2. CRT looks like a clearing house for riders heading for the departure lounge.

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

at the rear

that's where Shakey was on his last MotoGP visit. BSB & WSB are a better bet than CRT and Birdie will chuck anyone of them out if he doesn't think they're cutting it, he's done it before, so if Byrne took it, it could be a 'shakey' ride lol 

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

CRT

off topic , but why dont DORNA make a rule that says crt can be upto 1300cc  ?

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

f...kn crt crap

waste of time n money moto gp very close aswell,wsb-bsb rule ok

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

jesus

ive heard some crap in my time in watching racing but this dont make sense at all,

"Tommy needs to get his face in MotoGP. You can’t just come from BSB onto a factory 1000cc prototype, you’ve got to look at CRT and put your face in the frame.”

see the list of failures that have rode satalite and such machines BEFORE crt was introduced and failed,one perfect example is i know ive said it before but de puniet, fast yes but in the series too long,yes imo, now crt and still crashes,why leave bsb or risk not getting a decent ride in wsbk,cal and brad are ok on the yamaha as its proven to be competitive,the crt's however have been proven not to be,unless they changed the rules again, and agian and again,

one thing to solve the lot, put them on revamped rvf 750's and see who's boss then, no difference no excuses,pure racing.and chuck the norton rotary in with hizzy on for a giggle.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Spot on Foggy

How can anyone impress the factories  when they're racing between 2 and 6 seconds off the pace.  Name one current CRT rider who looks like they could cut it on a factory bike ?  Bird said you couldn't come from BSB to a factory 1000 - what about Pedrosa and Lorenzo who came straight in to top factories from 2 stroke 250's. He's blowing smoke rings through his backside. 

Tommy has had WSB experience although ruined through injury. Shakey has had WSB and MotoGp experience on three different machines - Aprilia with McWilliams, Proton KTM for Kenny Roberts Snr. and a couple of races on HRC Honda in Camel colours as substitute for injured Troy Bayliss. He finished 13th and 14th on the HRC needless to say HRC were not impressed and did not consider him for a full works ride.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

moto gp

is in trouble,i just hope wsbk does'nt take the fall for its failures, did anyone catch when britain rules the world???program about foggy,whitam tt ect, i can see it happening like that again, the gap between wsbk and gp's is getting slimmer and the grids prove it barring crt,i meant even salom has been drafted in for ivan sliva which he cant be to thrilled about even tho he probably lied on the bbc when azi asked him hehe,by watching the mayhem which has not only dimmed our chamionship battle and sparked a few spanish words last weekend again the series looks boring,i watch it mopre to support the brits not because its good racing, moto 2 is defo the one to watch imo and moto 3 at some rounds when they bunch up for a punch up. 

have a think dorna,a very long think.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Not so Shakey

If you where Shakey Byrne. He can win BSB with his eyes closed, nothing there left to prove. Unlikely to get offered a top ride in WSBK or Motogp. Why not go CRT for a couple of years. Beats staying at home.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

IF

I were Shakey I wouldn't want to do that but I'm not!!! and at his age if the money's good enough   who knows.

Reply to this Topic
Oscus

Aug 12

Oscus says:

Reverse the poles

With WSB and BSB going from strength to strength and MotoGP struggling to keep its head above water with constant rule and regulation changes, I find it strange that any rider would want to go in that direction. Superbikes are closer than ever to GP machines and closing the gap ever more quickly.
Having been a GP fan for years and years, I now feel it’s becoming increasingly swamped in its own politics and in danger of becoming redundant. Perhaps it might be better to see it disappear all together now and concentrate development budgets directly into production based racing where consumers would benefit more immediately rather than waiting for it to filter down from the prototype class.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices