Skip to content

Discuss This Byrne, Hill and Lowes in contention for Paul Bird MotoGP ride MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Byrne, Hill and Lowes in contention for Paul Bird MotoGP ride

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Byrne, Hill and Lowes in contention for Paul Bird MotoGP ride

British superbike title contenders Shane Byrne and Tommy Hill and rising World Supersport star Sam Lowes are all leading candidates to move to MotoGP in Paul Bird’s all-British squad next season. Bird’s plan to expand to a two-rider effort in 2013 has been approved by MotoGP bosses and he will go ahead with running one Aprilia ART machine again. The second bike...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 September 2012 10:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

BloodB

An optimistic post.   I think we should look forward to 2014 with renewed enthusiasm and hope that the return of Suzuki and a competitive Ducati will go some way to restoring the glory years of MotoGP.   As far as 2013 goes I almost can't be asked to watch the remaining 5 races as barring accidents it's already sewn up.  Yes anything can happen but it doesn't look good.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

stick hill on it he's wasting his best years in BSB

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Ellison has been doing Ok considering.

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER2

Aug 02

FATFRYER2 says:

!! Dont do it Guys !!

Sounds like a bad move to me, why would you want to go from been top dogs in BSB or maybe Front runners in WSB to making up the numbers in the CRT class in Moto GP.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

CRT

Circulating Round Track,Pointless How can anyone show any capability on this tat,worse still Birdys tat,Shakey nice bloke good rider but not at the right time of his career and he has had his spell in moto gp,Tommy Hill, well a decent bsb rider poss wsb but a future in moto gp no way,Sam Lowes young, keen, fast and needs to get out of world Supersport,If this was a decent offer for motogp then maybe, but to go into this team would send him into freefall,This is just like a boxer taking a fight he can't win, at best go the distance.avoid like the plague

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

Since when was Paul Bird capable of designing a chassis? You mean he's paid somebody else to design it for him. It isn't Bird's own design.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

From the PBMUK website 

Being the only all-British team in MotoGP, the ambitious and patriotic concept is to build an all-British machine to compete against the world’s best in the premier World Championship. For their debut season in 2012, the PBMUK team will compete with a modified version of the Italian Aprilia RSV-4 in the Claiming Rules Team (CRT) division but starting in 2013, with a two rider team, the first versions of an all-British machine will start to be tested with a view to the machines competing in MotoGP2014.

Depends whether you're an optimist or a pessimist

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

I Think Lowes should concentrate on learning to ride a 600 road bike properly  first.....and Byrne the top of his wish list??

Can't see the potential in filling the grid with average riders on slow bikes..

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I agree a very bad move for the riders involved CRT sucks.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

CRT may well "suck"...... But...

It is the future of MotoGP (or should i say Moto1) as i am lead to believe... What i think "Sucks" is the pool of so called talent that Paul Bird is fishing in....  CRT's Need better quaility riders to push the development of these bikes forward for the future....  Just my opinion though...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices