Skip to content

Discuss This Banned for 103mph wheelie past camera van General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Banned for 103mph wheelie past camera van

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Banned for 103mph wheelie past camera van

A motorcyclist was banned from the roads for 12 months for wheelying past a speed camera van at 103mph. Lukasz Wisniewski, 26, of Leeds, did the stunt on a Honda Fireblade on the A63 near Selby on June 20. He was already doing 93mph when he began the wheelie. He was ordered to take an extended driving test and given a community order...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 September 2012 13:26)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
slparry

Aug 02

slparry says:

good...

as long as there's knobheads like that around the rest of use will be the target of every oppressive safety nazi around, his type does nothing for the future of biking.

Reply to this Topic
RoscoPdrivetrain

Nov 11

what a guy!

This guys a hero, love it! probably wasn't his best idea. his punishment seems harsh considering he didn't hurt, maim or kill anyone. seems especially harsh when comparded to car drivers killing bikers and getting off with it e.g - http://lakelandradio.co.uk/2012/09/driver-spared-jail-for-killing-kendal-biker/

Reply to this Topic
ewanhind

Jun 11

ewanhind says:

What a Tw*t

Fully deserves the ban and the community service. Whatever skill the wheelie may involve, which is certainly considerable, doesn't justify doing that on a public road around other traffic. That's what closed circuits and airfields are for. Unfortunately people who do that on public roads give all bikers a bad name.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Hmm, sticking two fingers up to the Sheriff, wise move. Not. Trouble is, Mr and Mrs John Q Citizen will see this and think that all bikers are as dense!  Well controlled wheelie,  yes. Good place and speed to do it? Mais non, Rodney. 

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

Good Wheelie......

.....Slightly hard on landing but still......good wheelie one problem not wise to do this in front of camera van, you kinda get what you sow.

So, banned and fined.................yep no suprises there then.

Reply to this Topic
SPIKER40

Apr 06

SPIKER40 says:

Varoom

I heard that he got six months for the wheelie.....and another six for wearing white boots!!

Only kidding; probably not the best place for that kind of thing, but the penaltys a bit harsh.

Reply to this Topic
rtho782

Sep 12

rtho782 says:

Not exactly far....

He'd have gotten a lesser penalty had he been driving a car whilst on the phone and wiped out a biker, killing him.

Reply to this Topic
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

ewanbehind

IF you can wheelie yourself, I`m sure you only ever do it on closed circuits. Good on you mate. Ehm ehm.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

So it's official then.

At the end of the video it states..."speed kills" can anybody tell me which particular speed that is? because I would like to avoid it if possible. Thing is , movement is speed so I am very concerned about the entire population of the world and would like to warn everybody to stay still until Mr tempory Chief Inspector Brown can pinpoint the exact speed.

Reply to this Topic
Harry44

Jun 07

Harry44 says:

I'll tell you what I think: Many people have spent decades trying to improve the reputation of bikers. Trying to work with and against legislators in an effort to prevent further restrictions on us

Then this twatt comes along and destroys all that in seconds, lock him up and throw away the key.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices