Skip to content

Discuss This Banned for 103mph wheelie past camera van General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Banned for 103mph wheelie past camera van

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Banned for 103mph wheelie past camera van

A motorcyclist was banned from the roads for 12 months for wheelying past a speed camera van at 103mph. Lukasz Wisniewski, 26, of Leeds, did the stunt on a Honda Fireblade on the A63 near Selby on June 20. He was already doing 93mph when he began the wheelie. He was ordered to take an extended driving test and given a community order...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 September 2012 13:26)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
muddybus

Aug 10

muddybus says:

Is it that simple?

If it is that simple, that 'speed kills', why do the police speed? If its down to their training, then it should be 'inadequate driver training kills'. If it is agreed that speed kills, impose a 20mph limit on all roads, even motorways, otherwise stop saying speed kills, because it doesnt; it just makes the injuries worse.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

Can Inspector Brown tell me what fine he would have got for speeding in a car with a phone stuck to his ear

Reply to this Topic
micepunk

Jun 12

micepunk says:

l

what i would like to know is if hes not in control of his bike then who is? 

cmon all you haters let us all know whos in control

Reply to this Topic
Stebinners

Jul 12

Stebinners says:

Stop moaning!

I never understand why people moan about speeding and getting caught. Look guys, the laws of the UK are there to be adhred to, not somehow optional for bikers. If ou choose to ignore the rules then pay the price of getting caught and punished. It bores me when bikers moan about the police pulling them, well dont speed and be respectful of roadusers, the guy doing a wheelie at any speed is IRRESPONSIBLE end of story and being banned is hat he deserves.

Reply to this Topic
animal1408

Jan 09

animal1408 says:

Now now!

OK, first of all if you don't read the websites that tell you were they are it's your own fult!!

But again it was rather good contol and something I could not do, so fair play to him.

Next time use your eyes and keep your lience.

Lastly it was quite cool tho, lol.

Reply to this Topic
tobiasday

Jul 12

tobiasday says:

he got caught get over it

come guys theres no target on our backs just the rozz want to reduce road kill and theres only a few ways they can do that isnt there ? less bikes on the road so it is easier to pull us and give us the talking to then to pull every driver they pass in a shift doing something wrong. Be fair Big Brother has spend a fortune targeting drivers in other ways like the Think Bike campain and all those signs asking them to look for us. Lets also not forget we get to ride in bus lanes and also get free inner city peak hour use charges etc etc etc.

As for the coppers out to ban, fine and bully well i get pulled all the time because I am not out riding to commute ! but I have yet to be fined or banned why ? because I dont take the piss ! if your going to do that then you are painting that target on your back yourself.  I have been pulled and shown a vid of me on the rear but only had to suffer the dull tone of PC Just doing my job Pod for a few mins then was sent on my way but then I wasnt doing 103 was I , I have also been pulled just the right side of a ton and again only my hears suffered punishment ! but then I wasnt on one wheel was I !  you cant get caught like that and not expect the book to be thown at you so stop bitching and except that you make the calls on your bike so either ride within the law or take the punishment but dont blame someone else for your actions or make up some conspiracy to justify it to yourself "its not me being a twat its the damn coppers" come on !! grow a pair and man up.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

lol

Just search for another bike that is like yours, write down the number plate and get a clone made and use that instead....... Not hard.

Reply to this Topic
YORKSHIRE1003

Apr 11

"Lukasz Wisniewski of Leeds"

... in the words of Al Murray: "good British name". Joking aside, when you're riding in another country you assume you can get away with more.... well Lukasz Wisniewski of Leeds, some bugger is always watching you here

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

The guy's on a bike that will lift the front wheel on power with ease. He's hoiked it up and used the power of the engine to keep it up as shown from the attitude and angle of the bike.

A well executed wheelie is lifting the bike vertical and holding it on the balance point with a steady throttle, using balance and throttle control to keep it there, not holding it half vertical on power until it hits the rev limiter. Wheelying for a few hundred yards at 10 mph is well executed.

Comments that he was doing no harm display the sheer selfishness and ignorance of some riders that cause a large percentage of the general public and other road users to dislike motorcyclists. If that road carries the national speed limit, 103mph is an automatic ban whether your in a car or on a bike. On a bike on the rear wheel, you've no argument - at all. The speed limit could be as low as 60mph or even 50mph on that stretch of road.

Anyone who really thinks that stunt posed no danger to himself (who cares, his problem) or other road users needs a reality check. If he'd have lost it, that bike could have gone anywhere. If it had gone over the barrier and into an oncoming vehicle it would have most likely been a fatality, likewise if it had veered of towards the verge where there could be pedestrians. Whoever it was that said there was no other traffic, what do you think he was overtaking and what do you think those two objects in front of him were? And you bang on about car drivers not seeing bikes...

In the last 4 to 5 years I know of 3 riders who have died and another 2 who have had serious accidents (one of them 3 times) which were all down to losing control due to excessive speed - no other vehicles involved. They all lost control of their bikes through going faster than their abilities and road conditions allowed - ie: they virtually all binned it on bends at 3 figure speeds.

But of course, it wasn't their fault was it? Because some motorcyclists' own stupidity and ambition outweighing talent is never to blame is it. Never going too fast are they..??!!   Must be a car or lorry driver to blame somewhere.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

JustBe

You utter fcking prick

I've been the victim of that stunt by some thoughtless twat and it cost me no end of hassle and very nearly a shitload of money to convince the police that it wasn't me. A lot of time and effort gathering statements from people to prove I was elsewhere at the time.

Nice to see the 'comradeship' you display towards your fellow motorcyclists when you would happily see one of them lose their licence and face a possible jail sentence because of your selfish, stupid attitude. All so you can show off to your mates and put yourself on youtube.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices