Skip to content

Discuss This Banned for 103mph wheelie past camera van General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Banned for 103mph wheelie past camera van

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Banned for 103mph wheelie past camera van

A motorcyclist was banned from the roads for 12 months for wheelying past a speed camera van at 103mph. Lukasz Wisniewski, 26, of Leeds, did the stunt on a Honda Fireblade on the A63 near Selby on June 20. He was already doing 93mph when he began the wheelie. He was ordered to take an extended driving test and given a community order...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 September 2012 13:26)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ken haylock.

Exactly.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

What the F***s a cager

Reply to this Topic
HardtailT

Sep 12

HardtailT says:

I am disgusted by some of the comments from, "supposed bikers", but not @ this guy's wheelie. He's done the crime & paying the fine etc, that's the way it goes, so what, get a life, its part of life. He's not on a race bike, even though a Fireblade is quick. You cant just wheelie a Fireblade @ 90mph, without flipping, keep it up for @ 6 seconds by opening the throttle alone, (might need to compress the forks b4 lifting it up, clutch it, feather the throttle/back brake to stop it flipping, plus you need good balance, which probably comes from being a youngster etc). It might even do a tankslaper on the way down. Pulling a good wheelie, the rider does the majority. Now, not saying this guy is Kevin Schwantz, but to slag him as being wreckless & going to kill someone is plain ignorant & inexperienced. He maybe needs a bit of advice. I will tell you what gives biking a bad name. Bikers who ride their bikes like they drive their people carriers!! You see them all the time, incompetent/unconfident riders. Scared to go out in the wet, normal car drivers need to make space for them!! Plus what kind of biker slags another biker for being Polish, enuf said. Sorry, but many of you guys are not bikers, stick your shit on Ebay & grow old elsewhere!! Too many born again/pussy bikers hiding beneath their, "biker" image. Its all these, "do gooder" comments thats giving biking a pussy name & making it easier for less freedom & more legislation. Dont slag the politicians. Dont forget the guy is only 26, if biking is in your blood, you will realise that the next generation is the lifeblood of biking. Each generation is getting a diluted experience of what guys like me had. I had an Suzuki RG 500 in my early twenty's, what an experience to remember, (plus countless other types of bikes, some good, some bad). For generations down the line it will be motorcycling equivalent of a Vauxhall Toaster that they will have to ride. The character factor will be dead! I have seen the way it has went in the last twenty years, guys older than me, before 20 years before that. Dont let the next 20 years, end up with biking extinction, by these fuckwit opinions!!!! Its not as far fetched as you may think....

Reply to this Topic
BigTone5

Jul 06

BigTone5 says:

The twat got what he deserves! If you can't do the time, don't do the crime!!

All you whingers and bellyachers - STFU!!! You would scream blue murder if the irresponsible knobhead looped it and the out of control bike careered into YOUR loved-one!

The laws apply to us all; to protect us all from ourselves and others. If you don't agree with them just sell-up; get off the roads and leave them safer for me and my family to enjoy.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

One-sided News.

There is nothing in this story which give's the rider's explanation about the offence. Did he see the van? Did he think it could only take forward facing photographs? Was it a rush of blood to the head? A joke gone wrong? or is he just a f*ckwit? I would like to know his side of the story.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

bob 1

His excuse was that he had just returned from a trip to Poland and forgot how  fucking anal the UK was.

Reply to this Topic
aaustin2911

May 10

aaustin2911 says:

Now if that had been a Pig

He would have got let off, the cops are just scum -- and motorbikers are picked on at every opportunity. So what he did a wheelie, good luck to him for controlling it so well at speed. Get a life you bunch of wet blankets.

Reply to this Topic
sovrec

Sep 11

sovrec says:

BigTone5 - right on

...BigTone5 has got it right in my mind...

Reply to this Topic
ads71

Sep 11

ads71 says:

aaustin2911

Get a grip!! no excuse for that on busy road with a f*****g camera van there, and whats your gripe with the cops ? have you been stupid enough to get caught or something..... i aint no saint but i keep it on quite roads that i know, after getting to 9 pts and a 4th conviction i learnt to think about where and when i do what i want! clean licence for 12 yrs now :)

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Greater Crime?

Why in most parts of the world is exceeding the “ton” without a crash a greater crime than killing someone by SMIDSY while traveling the speed limit?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices