Skip to content

Discuss This Hands-free phones ‘just as distracting’ General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Hands-free phones ‘just as distracting’

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Steve Farrell  says:

Hands-free phones ‘just as distracting’

Drivers making hands-free calls are just as distracted as those on handheld phones, a Which? study has shown. Meanwhile texting is far more distracting than making a call – and more so than drinking up to the legal limit, according to the research. A driving simulator gauged reaction time to hazards while researchers tried texting, making calls and drinking to the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 September 2012 16:22)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
chrisyzf

Nov 03

chrisyzf says:

Closed Cabins

We have music via radio, CD ipod etc etc, and passengers that can all distract a driver, so should we all be locked away in a cabin so nobody can interfear with us dont think so.

Just ban cars it would be easier, to enforce

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

piroflip

I've grown up and have been a grown up for many years. When you've witnessed the attention span of drivers from a 2 wheeled perspective, you will learn that any kind of distraction given to the motorist poses a significant threat to all other road users. Without any distractions the majority of motorists are, at best useless road users, and at worst a death sentence for others.

I drive a car and a ride a bike (as do many others on here). I fail to see the need to use a phone of any kind while driving. Anything that takes your attention away from the road is a danger and a threat to other road users.

It's not the school playground but an observation based on years of experience.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

I've been riding for 35 years and never ONCE been had off, or nearly had off, my bike by another two wheeler. Truth is, there are just too many distractions and interactive insulators bult in to modern cars / vans / trucks etc. Distraction is something which will not go away and there seems to be very little will on the part of the law makers and enforcers to do anything about it. Sadly, everybodies, the onus comes back on us to keep our wits about us and ride accordingly, i.e. assuming that everyone else on the road is a dimwit and potential hazard. Hands up, when I've been in my car, I've suffered from distraction myself, but then I'm a confirmed big boobies sort of bloke. As for stiff nips.....sorry, off for a little me time.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

tell me

Tell me if am wrong.. but don’t some helmets have blue tooth connections, so you can take calls whilst riding, isn’t that just the same, distraction!
Like most riders I also drive a car, I often just let my phone ring till voice mail jumps in, simple. Not all car drivers are Idiots, and it would be nice to see old Bill do more about this on-going trend. Got to go my phone is ringing in my case on the passenger seat , its ok I won’t answer it as I’m typing this on my ” i-PAD”  !

Reply to this Topic
chrisbf125

Sep 10

chrisbf125 says:

Music

Personally I find even just listening to music distracting when driving - they should test to see if that distracts drivers too.

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

mobiles

its worse than ever now within half a mile or less of leaving your home you will spot someone on the mobile.its way overdue to increase the penalty and points for this.as for people who do it with there kids in the car how can they be so thoughtless.id double the fine every time caught treble it if kids are in the car.there seems to be a lot who text now too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices