Skip to content

General Bike selling....blonde but not that thick! Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Bike selling....blonde but not that thick!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

Bike selling....blonde but not that thick!

Gotta love selling on fleabay....

Having reslisted my ER5 due to not selling the first time i thought i'd share some of the questions i've got by email and text for the sake of my sanity...

'do u take cheque? I will send my reputable agent to collect' wtf is a reputable agent and why would i take a cheque????

'can i pay by paypal-i'm out of town and once it clears my mover will come and collect it' was i born yesterday or is it because my ad is in girly pink with the far end of a fart of why i have no feedback and why i want to sell??

even better had some random russian or 'other' eastern european knock on my door yesterday at 11am ask me to start bike up having been dragged outa my pit complete with animal dressing gown, fluffy pj's and huge fluffy slippers-didnt seem to comprehend 'i'm on nights and fucked' who then tells me 'me sell ybr me pay £900 me like lots' before riding off.... Think he must hav been trawling the streets because he said he'd seen it on gumtree with no contact details lol!

Heaven help me coz i think i've lost the plot lol! Please someone tell me i wasnt born yesterday and what else to look out for-cheers! Cat ^.~.^

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (20 September 2012 18:43)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
r6buz

May 05

r6buz says:

Make sure the money is all real, not just a few 20s top & bottom of some newspaper.

When arranging a viewing tell them when they can come. Never answer with "I won't be home then".

Now that you have advertised it & people have found it, make sure it's locked well.

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

Lol

Yep i had thought of that too-thankfully there's always someone in and my next door neighbours are pretty good with chop suey.... Problem is if i chain it my baby blade in the back wont be secured...

Had problems selling a bike in 06- was a lass that had been on here for a few years and mistakenly trusted her-wanted £800 for bike-took it all the way to liverpool and she had £550 in cash on her-due to the ex caveman not wanting to take bike back home and being a TW@ he made me take the £550 knowing i wouldnt be able to buy another-i'd paid £1250 for her so was devastated-the lass said she'd pay me 'a bit at a time' but never did see the money again.... Harsh lesson learnt x

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

trust no one

when Paul bought his Aprilia a few weeks ago, the chap asked him to accompany him to the bank to pay it in as well so that he wouldn't be fed dud notes.

Paul didn't mind but that's how careful you have to be, and don't take bankers drafts either as they can be cancelled with a phone call (tip from barclays)

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

Thankfully

I dont mind taking 2 hours trying to rip and burn notes to make sure they're real-trick i learnt from a copper mate and a trick my mate used to do in pub-He ended up with a burnt hand and unmarked £20... Fake notes burn quickly and u can rip through the foil strip and feel smooth-real notes have raised writing :-)

Joys of working with lots of money over the years, working in a corner shop and working for a building society as well as behind a bar on matchdays:lol:

Here's hoping she sells then operation 'tart up baby blade' can commence as well as being able to sort out track rod ends and drop links on car and get tracking sorted-feels like a flippin go cart at min is that rickety lol

Reply to this Topic
MakemRider

Jul 11

MakemRider says:

Be Careful

Requests that say they will pay (without looking at the bike) & will get their shipping agent/mover to collect may well send (or say they will send) a cheque for more than the amount from a client that owes them money and ask you to take payment for 'the item' plus a percentage for expenses etc. and forward the balance via Western Union money transfer. You will be left with the bike & a hole in your account as big as the cheque as it will be forged or stolen.

It's not because of the girly pink ad, it's because there are so many gullible people out there.

Someone tried that on me, even sent the cheque (by UPS) when I had said I wouldn't do it (£5K for a £500 item) so I passed all the details to the police. They said there had been so many like that a special unit was investigating & they would forward all the info etc. I'd supplied.

Reply to this Topic
evlcatnw

Nov 05

evlcatnw says:

Yep

had several more requests from the same guy and eyes wide open now-thankfully i have a modicum of sense and not replied but duly reported-the response i've had from plod is a bit worrying tho-they're not interested in any 'attempted' fraud so they say.... Thought their role was crime prevention but hey ho!

Hoping she sells this time tho-itching to get baby sorted and get out on her before it gets too cold x

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices