Skip to content

Discuss This Kevin Schwantz plays down 2014 Suzuki MotoGP link MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Kevin Schwantz plays down 2014 Suzuki MotoGP link

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Kevin Schwantz plays down 2014 Suzuki MotoGP link

Kevin Schwantz has played down rumours that he will spearhead Suzuki’s planned return to the MotoGP world championship in 2014. Rumours linking the Texan legend with running Suzuki’s new 1000cc project in 2014 surfaced again last month, though the 1993 world champion has played down any potential management role. Suzuki is planning to race its new GSV-R 1000cc bike in selected wild...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 September 2012 11:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
boro365

Oct 05

boro365 says:

another team going

I would like to see Kevin Schwantz running the Suzuki team would give any rider a lift in confidence but it would be another team going somewhere else probably to Italy/Spain Not staying here and that would say to people we aren't good enough to run a team in this country and also the fact that no company in this country wants to sponsor a race team you have to say fair play to those countrys that do its just anoying thats all and im like any race fan i'd like to think I would if I had the cash

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

He's a weasel

He has been trying to weadle his way in for ages ,To be honest he last rode nearly two decades ago ,things have moved on massively since then ,He is just doing anything he can for a job.He is just a gob on a stick !

Reply to this Topic
perenialnovice

Nov 05

test exstenisvely

Is this the only way to catch up. If you dip out of racing, you can test to your hearts delight.

Testing or lack of allowed time , these last two years have completely stymied Ducati; maybe Suzuki have had the right idea all along.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Schwantz is mint..

What a rider he was..sublime, aggressive, guttsy.

He's done a lot of good work with the Red Bull Rookies and has his business interests too. Pretty successful and still heavily involved with racing..in his blood.

Love to see him have a crack at leading Suzuki's return.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Stig

You should sign up for a Schwantz track day and see how 'out of touch ' mr 34 is..(he`d still make most track day heroes look like muppets whilst he`s scrubbing in some new tyres at the same time)that man lives and breathes motorcycle racing 

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

He's a weasel
He has been trying to weadle his way in for ages ,To be honest he last rode nearly two decades ago ,things have moved on massively since then ,He is just doing anything he can for a job.He is just a gob on a stick !

Really? I seem to remember him winning a world championship, ok not in the best circumstances, but he did. In those days they were real men who bashed fairings and elbows all race long without moaning or running to race direction. They had huge accidents without fear of being banned for a few races or having ride through penalties for calling another rider a nasty name.

And all on a 500 two stroke animal. If you've never ridden a 500 two stroke GP bike then you'll have no idea what a brutal thing they were! Kevin was and is one of the greatest riders of all time. He makes Moaner look like a five year old with a dummy!

Out of touch with the bikes and technology of today? I highly doubt that in any way shape or form and I'll bet my house he could still ride rings around most GP riders out there today!

Give me Schwantz, Rainey, Gardner, Doohan, Lawson and the like any day before the premadonnas we have racing today!! He is also the second most successful American roadracer behind Eddie Lawson. Kevin Schwantz at Suzuki would be a great match and hopefully it will come about.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

parkway

I don't question his ability one bit I was quite a fan back in the day , For some reason I just don't like his way of going about things post racing , He always seems to be trying to get in the side door or courting some controversy after a buck , just how he comes across to me , I am sure he is still blindingly quick that was not one of his faults He just isn't an honourable type in his approach he's always after a job rather than getting offered the job if that makes sense ,He was clearly trying to oust Denning to his own end , It's just not classy from an ex world champion

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

The Mouth who cried "me me me"...

The only bashing Schwantz did was his fkg fairing and head on the ground which might explain his punch drunk penchant for getting his fugly mug in the headlines. His wins were more arse than class as he's admitted in a recent interview.

Don't even mention his name in the same sentence as Lawson!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Not much to add Bob

Schwantz. Me,Me, Me.Crikey. Mind you, he was a decent rabble rouser in back in those days. Nothings changed much has it ?

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

well lets just hope they treat their new team a bit better than their last one ie kicked to the curb!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices