Skip to content

DUCATI 2013 Ducati Multistrada first ride: "The suspension reacts instantly" MULTISTRADA 1200

You are in... Forums > DUCATI > MULTISTRADA 1200 > 2013 Ducati Multistrada first ride: "The suspension reacts instantly"

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

2013 Ducati Multistrada first ride: "The suspension reacts instantly"

Ducati’s new 2013 Multistrada with its semi-active suspension, ‘Skyhook’, created in partnership with Sachs, is currently being tested by MCN senior road tester Adam Child on the North Western coast of Spain near Bilbao. These are his first impressions: “The bike is slightly odd at first because it’s rock solid on its hardest setting until you switch the ignition on. Once...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 September 2012 13:09)

Post a message in MULTISTRADA 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Stone age Technology !!!

This "skyhook" device that keeps the bike upright...... Looks like a block of stone under the sidestand.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Needed

Having just ridden the old Multistrada, anything that improves the spine juddering performance at high speed in sport mode and soft and spongy fork diving at slow speed has to be a major benefit. Blisteringly fast machine though and this one will be fantastic, no doubt.

Reply to this Topic
steady2wheels

Sep 08

it's amazing the crap some people need for all of those 500 miles they do a year. Although if you did proper miles in anything other than perfect sunshine i guess those things would be going pear shaped pretty quickly

Reply to this Topic
piroflip

Jul 10

piroflip says:

Let's hope it..............

...............filters into the lower cost end of the market. These bikes are way out of most peoples reach.

Reply to this Topic
momomomo

Apr 12

momomomo says:

come on...

I might be old but who remembers the 750s of only 20 years ago? Crude machines with barely 50HP and were considered the dogs b..... Technology moves on. Progress is unstoppable. Embrace it! Indeed it is adding a lot of money on the price of new machines but these are top of the range premium bikes that we like to admire and read about. There are plenty of competent bikes that are now considered basic that cost less and are absolutely fantastic buy one of those... In my everyday riding I wouldn't need any of these electronic gadgets but if I had the money I definitely would. Sundayroast: the front travel is something inherent to these tall bikes with experience you would learn to modulate it and minimize it. Get on a real off roader and the front travel at the beginning will shock your motorcycling senses. The reason these bikes are need so much electronics is because of potential customers like you. Ducati reads your comment and the marketing team asks: how do I get this guy on a bike like this? Hence a bike trying to be everything to everybody.

Reply to this Topic
venturer

Jan 04

venturer says:

i think he stands on the block of stone so he can get on the bike, pity the bikes skyhook sets it's self on full hard and doesn't lower itself so short arses can get on it. i'm sure they could add an extra mode.

Reply to this Topic
Mistafunky

Oct 11

Mistafunky says:

Reliability

Apparently Ducati had to use a block of stone under the side stand because they didn’t know how to make a reliable side stand that was long enough. Anyway if skyhook was that good and reacted that instantly surely it would be able to stand up without a side stand?

Reply to this Topic
Toecutter71

Jun 10

Toecutter71 says:

Dark Side of the Moon

All that gadget's , now whit sachs (ohllins is washed a way, maybe because they stearing dumper make a big CLANCKRRR on panniagale) as i said all ready, BRAND and gizmos makes SKY(hook)Rocket price, and for whom,i almost exactly know the kind, because i have many oportynitis to meet that kind of new born bikers,in 90%(again 90%..not 100%) was poeple which was buy they first bike somwhere be twin 30' and 35'years old(because only then , they "implant" in they heads enaugh of advertising which main message is"  BE A BIKER IS SOMETHING COOL" and in same time they become sufficiently successful in terms of making money, then could buy the most expensive motorcycles in the shop, almost all of them when was under parental "jurisdiction" do not dear to mention to his father something about  or like "Would you like (could you) buy me a small motorcycles, almost all my friends drive a small two-wheelers" which i fuly understand, but sensire love and knowledge  to the bikes and riding of same shal born  in much younger age then is 35'. my point is that that bikes like is this "brand" new Strada in reality is symbol of perfect bike for described kind of new borns bikers and in same time start to be symbol of status, much more than symbol of freedom, which was original intention of bikes and riding and what that should be.Because of all mentioned "facts" i title this post DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

I realy adore idea about multistrada like most versatile bike, but i'm also shore that even "ordinary" strada whit out letter S will be indid very good  choice but for (if we can call that reasonable price), you get a solid rock suspension like marzzochi 50mm on front fuly adjustable USD, rear is sachs , same brakes just whitout ABS, slip clutch, DTC what you need moore( just  ABS  )new one for 2013 have ABS, DTC,Riding modes...i realy wish to one day buy one Multi, but if be possible, for shore that will be most " simple" version of. Strada.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

ermmmm...

Any body have a clue what he just said???

Reply to this Topic
Heppy

Aug 02

Heppy says:

Snev

Let me try and translate: " Bollocks,Bollocks,Bollocks,Bollocks,Bollocks....."

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN