Skip to content

General Hmmmm, I wonder......? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Hmmmm, I wonder......?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Hmmmm, I wonder......?

Can I now post pictures on here from my iPhone after this, otherwise shit, iOS6 update?...

Attached images:

1. image  
  2. image  
  3. image  
Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (21 September 2012 19:05)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Hmmmmm.....

Yes I can! :biggrin:

Pics are of that rs125 engine that 'broke' me! It's broken again!! Well, it was, now it's running again but..........

Note to self : Never buy an RS125! They're pants!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

1. image  
  2. image  
Reply to this Topic
JAWAPAWA

Sep 10

JAWAPAWA says:

redline

youre hitting it too hard!

take it easy

Reply to this Topic
albert88

Jan 10

albert88 says:

stealthSV

fook me mate ,what you doing to that engine?there's a new thing just come out , i think its called oli? no wait its OIL. seriously tho i think thats running too hot but i'm no 2stroke expert , hope it didn't toss you off again:laugh:

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Stealth

do I just update my iphone?

Oh and nice pics by the way or not:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Rach..

Hold fire on that,! Other than being able to post pics on here it's fkkin crap! I wish I hadn't downloaded it!:mad:

Keep an eye on Facebook and ill let you know if it gets better and worth doing!

As for the engine, it's not my bike, it's my nephews! He's 17!.. Says it all really... I haven't riden it since it had me off and I don't intend to! I have no doubt he rides it like a wally wombat, Harry Flatters everywhere.. It lasted 3000 miles!

Albert88.. Yes mate, I think it's running too hot also. The top of the piston has all but melted, doming down rather than up! Looking up into the piston the crown has cracked! We all now suspect detonation so for a starter we are sticking a colder plug in and will look into retarding the ignition!

Fookin thing lol 

Attached images:

1. image  
  2. image  
  3. image  
Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Jawaman..

It's still partially restricted so won't even get near the red line! Struggles to get past 10000rpm! 

Really should be bulletproof but..........

Clearly it isn't!..:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

Stealth

Did the top piston ring pin  come out ? looks like its picked up on the ports on the front ? And the top ring has snapped in half ....am i right ? also on the ports they dont look like they have much of a chamfered edge on them ..... i'm guessing that you got the barrel nikasil lined again then honed .... and i trust you used a mikata piston not cheap shite ?......fookin two strokes .....great when they run nice....expensive when they don't eh:upset: 

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

Runing hot

can be caused by running too lean or rich though ....you should be looking for is a grey soot on the tailpipes that indicates correct running and oil mix .......maybee an idea to run premix but i'm sure your nephew would just prefer to buy the oil and put it in the oil tank .....oh and always use fully synth castrol tts or its equivalent its fucking pricey but it makes a massive difference  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Oscar

Yup, top ring snapped but no way of knowing if that was cause or symptom of the failure! I'm tempted to say that is why it went when it did but when you look at the piston top, one more good thrashing and that would have blown thro anyway!

It's got a power valve blanking blade in but I'll add a pic of where the ring clipped the 'blade'..

Also added is a pic of another mates rs125 piston after that let go at 80mph! I think if the ring hadn't gone on Sean's then his would've looked like that soon too!

Attached images:

1. image  
  2. image  
  3. image  
Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

It's got

An Arrow full system, sounds great, ignition advanced a tad, as per Arrow instructions and upjetted two sizes!

And yes, at the mo he is doing premix as well as the tank! Super oily!

Tail pipe is oily but first bit of exhaust system grey!
And it is a full Mitaka top end kit,piston, barrel and all the bits!. £215

Attached images:

1. image  
  2. image  
  3. image  
Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle