You are in... Forums > General > General > Fond memories of the Ford Cortina

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

davemdixon

Jul 09

davemdixon says:

Fond memories of the Ford Cortina

now Fifty years old. My first bike was delivered to me in the boot of one all in bits but not a piece missing!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (21 September 2012 21:51)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Anonymous

Anonymous  says:

Memories

My first car. MkV 2.0 litre in blue. Brought it for a song, dropped a 2.1 Pinto engine into it, Piper cams, Janspeed exhaust , twin choke Weber 45 carbs, 195 rims and then had it tuned to perfection. Shortly after the  tuning perfection ( less than two hours) I wrote it off. I thought I could powerslide it round the corner in the wet and promptly found the side of a parked Sierra then bounced into a brick wall. Didn't help that I had my girlfriend with me at the time. The fact that she was my boss's daughter might have contributed to me losing my job, girlfriend and car all in one afternoon. Live and learn :winkie:

Reply to this Topic
beaconsman

Sep 09

beaconsman says:

cortina..

Whos been listening to radio 2?..lol

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Aww Bless

My dad got through a few of those!

He had a mkII and a couple of mkIII's.  Not long after I passed my test, he got a mkIV 2.0 sport (bright yellow with black vinyl roof).  I used to use it to go to college!

Years later, I had a Sierra with the 2 tea-trays!  It was known as the 'does that'. 
The window fell down inside the door - "yep, does that" (etc).

Reply to this Topic
smidget

Nov 07

smidget says:

Always

prefered the Mk1 Lotus myself seem to have more character.

Used an old Rover P5 3500S as a donor to fit into a mark 5 now that was a very interesting conversion.

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

my dad

had a MkIV estate.. 2L...  it was mostly a flatted back crappy brown in the areas that werent covered with squares of 'davids P38' think it stayed that way till it died.....

not bad for a guy that was a panel beater and sprayer!!!! lmao 

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

I hate the Mk3

it was one of those that crushed my leg in 1976. I've been scared of them ever since. Still can't avoid the things.There's always one or two at classic car do's :upset:

Reply to this Topic
Tabasco

May 09

Tabasco says:

My brothers

old cortina estate. What a barge that was.

Lovely :eyebrows:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Rot boxes

Like most old Fords. Had a 1600E many years back, chassis/body fell apart with rust.

Reply to this Topic
DrFutura

Apr 07

DrFutura says:

I had a

65 Cortina 1500 deluxe four door from Sept 1981 to August 1986. Went through three engines two gearboxes (strangely no clutches) and could do any repairs myself apart from a bit of welding. I loved that car. I learnt everything I know about cars from that. sadly modern cars are filled with components that go wrong and cannot be fettled by someone with a few spanners, a set of feelers, and a screwdriver. If cars were still like this I would be happy. 

Reply to this Topic
kawathrasher

Feb 10

kawathrasher says:

Never had a cortina (too young)

But did have many happy hours drifting a 2.8 capri with a 4 speed gearbox . Used to go hunting for xr2/3 and pug gti owners just for fun..... 90 mph in third and Gun in the tape player !!!!!!!

Brings a tear to the eye :ph43r:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices