Skip to content

Discuss This Lowes takes Assen pole British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Lowes takes Assen pole

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gary Pinchin  says:

Lowes takes Assen pole

Alex Lowes claimed an historic pole position this afternoon in preparation for Sunday’s first-ever Assen MCE Insurance British Superbike round. Tomorrow’s two races form the first of the three-round, seven-race Showdown to decide this year’s title and Team WFR Honda rider Lowes is looking to close the 33 points gap on defending champion Tommy Hill. Lowes said: “I knew my way around...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (22 September 2012 17:52)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
releaser

Aug 02

releaser says:

It's an absolute disgrace....

The points system that is... I haven't been posting here in a while so I thought I would make my comeback with a bang. I really like Alex Lowes. He's a very likable guy and very smart. He's a thinker and he doesn't loose his head. Congratulations to him on another pole position. He's got the taste for being a front runner now and that's where he plans to stay. Despite all that...how the hell is it fair on Tommy Hill that last weekend he was 252 points ahead of Lowes and this weekend he is only 33 points ahead of Lowes. He barely scraped into the top 6 for gods sake. And god forbid if anything were to happen to the 5 guys ahead of him. For example if all the shoot out contenders were all to go out to a restaurant as a party and 5 of them get severe food poisoning and are hospitalised for the next two rounds and Lowes goes on to Win the championship. In my books that would be an absolute disgrace. Or if the worse happens and all the top 6 guys are coming back to the UK on the same flight and the plane crashes and they all die...and the guy in 7th place goes on to win all remaining races, he would still not be crowned champion...even if he has more points then all the dead guys (using the old points system) If I was running a team that was 7th or bellow then I wouldn't even bother turning up because even if my guy wins all remaining 7 races its still not possible for him to win the championship so why should i bother to turn up and waste my bikes, engines, tyres, fuel, money and time and risk the lives of my riders, and all of it for nothing. I might as well sit at home and watch just 6 guys running around....because essentially that's all it is.

Reply to this Topic
Mort77

Mar 09

Mort77 says:

Rubbish

Agreed. There have been some very good changes made to the rules in BSB but the points system isn't one of them. Last year, under the points system used by everyone else Shakey would have been the Champion not Tommy Hill. Anyway it's good to see Lowes on pole and I hope he has a good couple of races. Though I hope Brookes does the double again.

Reply to this Topic
ZEPH1100

Jul 06

ZEPH1100 says:

This system was to stop the top teams with the best bikes, running away with the championship and the title won half way through the season i.e Camier on the R1 a few years ago, the teams all agreed to it, I beleive.

I just keeps the championship going all the way to the last race

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

this race should be here in the UK, it is after all the British superbike championship

they keep going on about saving money and then they have a race outside the country.

bet there are a lot of people in the UK that cant afford to go over there to watch this, but would have been at a UK circuit to watch..

the guys that run BSB dont give it shit about the uk public

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices