Skip to content

General Do you have an iPhone or iPad? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Do you have an iPhone or iPad?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

Do you have an iPhone or iPad?

To whom it may concern, if you have an iPhone and have not yet upgraded to iOS6....... DO NOT DO IT!!!!!! At least not until you have had a play on someones phone/pad who already has, and are satisfied that the things you use/find useful on your phone are still good for you!
I made the mistake of doing the upgrade and i fkkin hate it! It seems really 'buggy' and Apple have severed their connection with Google so Google Maps is no more, replaced with Apple Maps! Fine if you live in America, look at New York and it is amazing, but fkk all use in the UK! Can't even see my house, or yours, or yours even! The whole place looks like its covered in a huge cloud (prob is today lol)!
Just got off the phone to apple in California and there is NO WAY to go back to iOS5! Fkkin gutted!
The guy reckoned they are working on updates but I just told him it was a disgrace that they have released an 'update' that isn't ready! He appologised but said there was now't

he could do......

You have been warned! DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!! 

And breathe...........

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (23 September 2012 17:03)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Mmmm

Mmm, Android... So much better being able to choose what version of O/S to stick on your phone instead of being told ;)

But I don't want to start an Android v iPhone war.

Sucks about the update; I've heard mixed reviews - some say it's good, others say that it's nearly all crap! You can still access Google Map via http://maps.google.co.uk however - try adding a shortcut from your homescreen and use that instead.

Reply to this Topic
StealthSV

Feb 08

StealthSV says:

zanderh

Cheers for that, its much easier to see whats going on there.. Still not as good as the one that was there before but better than Apple Maps..

As for Apple/Android debate, nah, don't wanna go there either but if this ain't sorted by October I will be going Android...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Just about to get

a Nokia Lumia 710 Windows phone,hope it's ok cause i'm good with windows and shite with job's worth Apple and have never tried an Android.:huh:

Reply to this Topic
smoto5

Mar 09

smoto5 says:

Found the Nokia 800 seems to be

mostly ok, apart from less keen on touchscreen phones after having Blackberry, lol. Nokia Maps, Nokia Drive and all that handy, not really had problem with any of that, pretty quick to let you know what's in an area in the way of food and drink, sights, facilities and so on :smile 

Reply to this Topic
SlowLearner

Feb 10

SlowLearner says:

Mobile

Got an old Nokia that works really well - it rings, stores numbers and sends/receives texts.  Had it over 10 years.   Fully charged battery lasts about a fortnight.   Seen no reason to want to upgrade.

Reply to this Topic
Blader2005

Dec 08

Blader2005 says:

Apple maps...

saw a item in the press bout this a while ago.. that apple were severing the use of google maps... from what i have seen, the imagery and the data is no where as good as google. (i appreciate google maps has been around a while tho) however, you would think that Apple would sort shit out before launching...... i will now wait till the updates of any software etc have had at least a couple of upgrades and the 'glitches' have been ironed out...

got a Nokia Lumia 800 when they first came out... thougth 'cool' till i started playin with it, and realised that it didnt have a java app, or pdf...  and there was no indication that there would be!! but the killer for me was that it didnt run Spotify for my Tooons! it was to new!! and also, it only had a 16gb non expandable memory... so i reset it, and sold it... went back to my Nokia 5800... does all i want it too, and its got my Spotify account synced to it!! 

think technology is starting to get too advanced for its own benefit now!!

Reply to this Topic
firemac

Aug 02

firemac says:

i-Phone

Upgraded to a Lumia 800 last month - absolutely love it. It's so good, that even my much better half, who is a bigger techno luddite than me and has resisted changing from her 6310i for years, has gone for one & is over the moon with it. Mind you, I am a Nokia fan (for years) and I despise all things Apple with a passion, so I'm probably not the most objective critic. But the Lumia is brilliant.

Reply to this Topic
zanderh

Aug 12

zanderh says:

Lumia

The Lumias are pretty decent - played around with a couple and they're pretty smooth, decent phones!

I'm currently rocking a Galaxy SIII and loving it. It's awesome.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"I despise all things Apple with a passion"

X2 clap.gif

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
si1981

Feb 09

si1981 says:

shit

just updated mine..........................

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices