Skip to content

Discuss This Portimao WSB: Laverty wins from Rea and Biaggi World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Portimao WSB: Laverty wins from Rea and Biaggi

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Portimao WSB: Laverty wins from Rea and Biaggi

Eugene Laverty celebrated his first victory since joining Aprilia with a classy performance onboard  his RSV4. The 25 year old Irishman made the break at the front and controlled the race, soaking up intense pressure from Honda man Jonathan Rea on the final lap. Laverty said: “It feels really good to finally get the win and get the monkey off my...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (23 September 2012 18:38)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

Rea's wasted years.

I can't believe Rea has signed another contract for Honda unless they have a brand new bike in the wings, it seems Honda will lead Rea along until he is to old to realise his potential. If he signed for another company he could have won WSB and been off to Moto GP and if he did'nt win he could pick up some big money. Instead he persists with Honda putting him on below par bikes and offering the Moto Gp bikes to any one with a Spanish passport. Rea won the Suzuka 8 hours for them any other japanese manufacturer would have been an immediate Moto Gp ride and filling in for Stoner that should have give him Bautista's bike. 

Reply to this Topic
CJeffrey

Aug 12

CJeffrey says:

Feel sorry for Sykes

I feel sorry for Sykes in race 2, his problems with the bike have struck again. Just when he was closing the gap in the championship he has a DNF of not fault of his own. Well done to Laverty though, this result has been coming for a couple of rounds now and he's finally managed to pull it off, well played Laverty!

Reply to this Topic
pinkerton2964

Nov 11

CJeffrey

I agree it's Kawasaki's failing would have been great to see both Sykes and Kawasaki win the WSB title it could still happen but it's a slim chance.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Good weekend for Max. His title to loose now.

Last I heard Gresini were happy with Bautista and wanted to keep him for another year. Rea seemed happy enough at the post race interview to of re-signed for Honda.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

PREMIER CLASS

Jonathan Rea has made the right choice staying with WSB. To me its the top motorcycle racing series in the world. MOTOGP might have the faster bikes but its know good if their is only going to be two riders who can win the MOTOGP crown. If he went to MOTGP even on a Gresini Honda he still wouldnt win a race unless Lorenzo or Pedrosa failed to finish. All credit to Rea for staying withWSB and good luck for the chapionship next year

Really unlucky for Tom Sykes breaking down.The guy is a class act and is one of the worlds top riders. Congrats to Laverty and Biagi. dont Know whats going on with Melandri and Haslam though BMW must be ruing the day they signed them. they should have waited before resigning Melandri as well    

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Rea's Choice

Jonny's choice was really no choice - 8th place on the factory HRC was not good enough to impress. The Gresini bike was the only competive ride left unassigned and Bautista did the business getting his first podium, a little late but not too late. So Gresini re-signing Bautista left Jonny with - either ride a CRT (maybe) or re-sign with Ten Kate - no brainer.      2014 a possible MotoGp ride IF he wins the 2013 WSBK title.

Reply to this Topic
thejudge

Sep 09

thejudge says:

here we go again

rea talks of exciting things ahead in 2013,we know thats not motogp,(and probably was never a reality this time round) so what is it,it aint the blade thats exciting him ,i reckon its the new proddy  rcv 1000,super bike honda are working on, at a snip of 40 grand +, whats the chances of rea riding that in wsbk 2013,watch this space? dont think rea would have stayed unless something was going to change

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

If Honda build a road going RC213V. Which would have a detuned race engine. Then sell the engine to CRT teams. Who can tune it up and run more fuel.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

hrc dream team

rea and haslam both in there,if dani messes up next year it could be good for rea if he rides well and gets into the top 3 at least,it may pave the way for wildcard rides and a ride for 2014.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

HRC

It's always hard to predict what Honda are thinking but if I was to make a guess. Lots of positive noises coming from Ten Kate. 2 riders in WSBK plus 2 in supersport.  Increased factory support as a thankyou for Suzuka?  Repsol said a while ago they didn't want two spanish riders.  So keep Dani on while Marquez settles in then replace him with Bradl if he keeps improving.  Then offer WSBK champion 2013 Rea Bradls place.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices