Skip to content

Ask an Expert Honda VFR 800 VTEX (2007) Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Honda VFR 800 VTEX (2007)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

rmd1

Aug 12

rmd1 says:

Honda VFR 800 VTEX (2007)

Hiya - As vague as the following description is, I wonder if anyone can help me. I ride a 2007 Honda VFR 800 VTEC and over the last few weeks a prominent rattling/knocking noise has been coming from my engine. The bike seems to accelerate and ride OK but this noise is starting to concern me a bit. It is a noise that definately shouldn't be there but I'm wondering if there's a way of checking what it might be without having to re-mortgage my house to pay Honda to look at it. Thanks. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 September 2012 08:59)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
kcmc

Jan 08

kcmc says:

Honda VFR 800 V-TEC 2007

Hi rmd1

It is clear that don't like this bike(although you say you do?)your first post you were looking at a way out of it.You also seem paranoid about service centres,as its my thing i do take offence when people expect servicing and repairs to be done for peanuts.Your bike is quite technical and the full service taking in doing the shims( being V-TEC not VTEX as you put it)is both difficult and time consuming,then you have the linked brakes.All this and more would be impossible for yourself so what do you expect to do? i think your going to have to bite the bullet and get the bike into a Honda service centre or possibly have the engine damage itself beyond repair?.Sounds like you can't even change the oil and filter,let alone the air filter and brake fluids,so as you yourself have already stated you just ride them you don't even know if your chain needs adjusting or changing so its the service centre for you.Its no good getting any advise off the forum if you can't put any of it into practice,and its no good slagging off one service centre over another if you don't know what your looking at.Sorry for being so hard on you,but its just the way i see it.Good Luck with it anyway:smile

KCMC:tongue:  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices