Skip to content

Discuss This Hein Gericke brand remains in the UK General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Hein Gericke brand remains in the UK

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Hein Gericke brand remains in the UK

The successful bid of the German Hein Gericke Group has seen the company come out of administration as of Saturday September 8, with a commitment to retaining 16 of the original UK stores in the following locations:Manchester, Stockwell, Southampton, Edinburgh, Farnborough, Gants Hill, Glasgow, Belfast, Maidstone, Preston, Leicester, Braintree, Aberdeen, Hanger Lane, Oxford and Chiswick. UK Managing Director, Christoph Hansen, said:...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 September 2012 10:43)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

What are they going to do differently?

Oh, 30% off "a wide selection of items - Ask in-store for further details"

So, nothing different.

I wonder how badly their suppliers got shafted when HG1 they went into administration, and whether they'll choose to extend further lines of credit to HG2.

Reply to this Topic
Andy_L

Sep 08

Andy_L says:

Bailed out

Bailed out by the Germans, but on terms that will leave many unemployed.  I'm sure the Greeks can sympathise!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Good but no so good

A good chunk of the stores gone - but then that's the current climate for you. I should imagine, that as it's all branded HG, that the suppliers will have agreed to continue supply as long as the 'old' debts are chipped away at. Better to retain 16 stores than lose all of them.

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

GREEDNESS!

I have always found that profit margins in the UK are a  ripoff  towards customers! When you see something going for 70% discount be sure that they are still making a profit, so in time of rescession which we are now in, why business don't stop being GREEDY? and keep their business afloat and people employed? by reducing their apetite for quick money?

Reply to this Topic
nigel100

Jan 05

nigel100 says:

quality issues

I have no big problem with HG however its quality has gone massively downhill in the last 10 years. In order to be competitive they have to get the quality back to where it was and that includes the zips which at the moment are really pony. However if they think they can bumble along and just produce the same rubbish they will be gone inside a year as there are plenty of other suppliers out there who are hungry and supplying a competitive product

Reply to this Topic
Bootstrap

Sep 12

Bootstrap says:

Vortex1952

Discounting 70% and still making a base profit is common on a lot of products, especially apparrel.

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Joking right

This has to be a joke, how long did the brand spend building up their reputation and client base then in a matter of weeks thats all gone! Now they want to remain open on good faith, so I wonder if the warranties mean a thing also gift cards or how about the fact that there are hardly any stores left. mmm me thinks this could be a poor business model/idea. Hein Gericke you have lost all reputation. Pitty as most of the staff are good people.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Just

as I need a replacement jacket or an estimate on repairing my existing HG jacket. Leeds shop closed. Can't blame them as it has competition next door and over the road and was always dead.

Reply to this Topic
burningbush

Jul 09

burningbush says:

Not my bag

My experience of my local HG has always been poor. Highly unmotivated staff and horrific prices.I might be old fashioned but I shop where the staff actually give a shit.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

in

my local shop they were good - most of them moved next door to the get geared store and are equally good there.

HG is expensive although they have a cheap range now. But their top of the line kit is simply stunning. You have to ride in all weathers to actually appreciate just how good it is compared to inferior kit. I really can't praise it enough. Obviously if you're a fair weather rider then you're not going to buy that kind of stuff as it's not worth the cost and so it can seem like a rip off.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices