Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith urged to study Stefan Bradl’s MotoGP switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith urged to study Stefan Bradl’s MotoGP switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith urged to study Stefan Bradl’s MotoGP switch

Bradley Smith should closely study the approach taken by German Stefan Bradl in 2012 to help him become an instant success in MotoGP next season. Bradl has been the revelation of this season having quickly mastered the switch from Moto2 to the more powerful and technology laden MotoGP bikes. The LCR Honda rider has scored six top six finishes including a season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 September 2012 10:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Sounds like the Green Eyed Monster to me

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Cornballs

So what you're saying is previous success in other classes determines whether or not you will succeed in Motogp.

125 Champions in Moto2 (not including Marquez). Terol  (22nd) Simon (8th) Di Meglio (21st). 2007 Champion Gabor Talmacsi currently Rallying. 125 and 250 champion Manuel Poggiali (The new Rossi) now plays UEFA futsal.Last 250 Champ Hiroshi Aoyama doing well in WSBK. Why not give the ride to ex supersport champ Anthony West

Reply to this Topic
Drzee

Apr 10

Drzee says:

Cornbowl, I suspect that Herve is in a better position to judge who has sufficient talent rather than any armchair critics, particularly as he has been around for years doing his job!

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

HMmmm aka rev fuckbenny

It was just to good to last Mandy sheep dipper , being normal just not your bag is it , here we go again meltdown number nine , A little bit of Mandy on my mind a little bit of Benny in the sun, a little bit of Rev you know who I am, a little bit of hmmm here I am Blood take your meds or it's off you go !

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

CH987

why not give it to a committed racer dipshit, blind faith doesn't cut it, Brit or not. Have you got a forecast on Smith's progress for the rest of the season, have a look in one of your crystal balls. 

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Drzee

get on the right page, that deal was done and dusted yonks ago, but who would have thought that he couldn't even fulful Yamaha's wishes, top 5 finishes and 3 or 4 podiums, to warrant the ride!!! It's a waste of time and a waste of an M1

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

taffy

Hmmm been on the meths again old Flob , ya dolemonkey

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

cornbowl

Only one rider a year can win the moto2 title and this years winner has got factory Honda for 2013, Rea is a decent shout but he's a Honda man. If Herve really didnt fancy Bradders he would have broken the contract and told him to sue, fact he hasnt tells me he knows Bradley is doing a great job on a midfield bike.

I respect your opinion (apart from the BSB rubbish) but the guy has earned his chance and deserves every British race fans support. Top 5 for Bradders in Aragon by the way, ill bet you a virtual tenner on it.

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Bradl

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but did not James Toseland have similar results to Bradl in his first season ?   I don't think Bradl has been such a revelation as people seem to think.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Cornbowl

Stoner had 2nd in 250, now Moto2 is the new 250 class, it's the stepping stone to MotoGP, and he's shit in it.

Stoner got second because he finally had a decent bike perhaps, rather than second rate stuff he'd had in previous seasons, 125 or 250. Same as Smith now, not on a bike that is par with the others, according to respected opinion, which includes his own team.

You've done trackdays and it qualiifes you to anounce Smith as shit and talentless. You need a reality check mate, he's 7th, that's just two places and 30 points behind Redding who is on a better bike and who you seem to rate more highly. So he isn't doing too badly by that measurement.

I've no idea how he will do next year, but it's his first on a Motogp bike, a satellite at that, against Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Rossi, Hayden, Dovi - all front runners and/or winners with years of experience behind them in Motogp and on factory bikes. Marquez also in there in his first year, but on a factory bike so begins with an advantage over Smith straight away. Crutchlow in his third year, second on a 1000 and Bradl in his second year on a 1000. Spies in his fourth year and Iannone in his first, both on factory spec Ducatis.

So, you tell me, how should Smith perform against that lot in his first year - what would you consider to be success or failure when realistically, the best he can hope for is to learn the bike, avoid crashing too often and finish around 6th/7th. There are maybe two who have a chance of winning the title. Does that make the rest shit?

Judge him after his first season, not now, most of your criticism seems to be based upon a dislike of the lad rather than founded reasoning.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle