Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith urged to study Stefan Bradl’s MotoGP switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith urged to study Stefan Bradl’s MotoGP switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith urged to study Stefan Bradl’s MotoGP switch

Bradley Smith should closely study the approach taken by German Stefan Bradl in 2012 to help him become an instant success in MotoGP next season. Bradl has been the revelation of this season having quickly mastered the switch from Moto2 to the more powerful and technology laden MotoGP bikes. The LCR Honda rider has scored six top six finishes including a season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 September 2012 10:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Plus Bradl's younger, a moto2 champ, and doesn't spout the same shit Toseland used to with his oh so serious face. The "I'm here to win" garbage before he'd even turned a wheel

Spouting shit is unfair - there was massive interest in Toseland from the British media and he had questions driven at him with a microphone poked in his face all the time - of course he wanted to win otherwise what's the point of being on the grid. And he didn't make too bad a start did he after he did turn a wheel - 2nd on the grid in his first Motogp race.

How many times have you seen Bradl interviewed?

Reply to this Topic
Tripitaka

Sep 12

Tripitaka says:

Bradley Smith

A young Sete Ginernau was13th in his first MotoGp season and he ended up being one of the few riders to be able to challenge the on-form Rossi of that era.  Don't write Smith off just yet stranger things have happened.

Even the alien Mick Doohan was only 9th at the end of his first MotoGp season.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Let's wait and see

...shall we, some of you guys talk a good fight, but have no talent to back it up or you would be challenging smith for a ride on the bike.  i don't have any reason to doubt smith's potential, however there'll be no excuses when he get's that bike next season, because you...yeah, you the wannabees will be right there to put him right...oh! to be so perfect! 

as for crutchlow, i'm happy for him to spout off at least he has some character unlike some on the grid.  if you guys like boring individuals then turn on to F1 and leave the real men to watch the bikes. and by-the-way, what does focussed mean?

and as for spouting shit, have you looked in the mirror lately as we used to say in the army if the cap fits wear it!

yours aye....

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Hmmmmm

sure will....

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

One or twice, but never on the grid.

Because there's not enough media interest in him - who do you think the BBC are going to go to for an interviews, British rider or German. If Bradl was winning they'd be interviewing him, it's news. He's not so there's nothing of interest other than a superficial 'he's a rookie, he's doing ok'. If you seriously think an interview on the grid affects a rider's 'focus', or that a rider can only prepare by shutting everything out, it suggests you've never been on a start line. Once that flag drops, that's all you need to go into race mode. All this 'focussed' crap is just that - media speak and bullshit.

It's plain you dislike Crutchlow but give it a rest, every thread you try and turn it into a Crutchlow character demolition. As for Toseland, he was as determined a rider I've seen and saying he wanted to win races and the title was just that - saying why he wanted to race in Motogp, not 'spouting shit'. He was no mug either but  it didn't work out. Rossi has already started the bullshit so that if he wins it will be an achievement, if he doesn't his expectations weren't that high.

This topic is about Bradley Smith, try and leave your dislike for Crutchlow out of it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

B.Boy

To be honest , imo , Cal make's a bit of an arse of himself on the grid , he is neither funny nor witty.....infact i would say he is quite offhand and rude . Alway's got the feeling Matt and Azi dont like interviewing him while on the grid .

I just wish he would focus on the job at hand......and step on the podium..... 

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Trailer

To be honest , imo , Cal make's a bit of an arse of himself on the grid

Wouldn't disagree with that and there are times I wish he'd temper what he says. Reminds me of Fogarty's attitude years ago when he was interviewed.

A certain person though, uses every topic to deride him and it long became tiresome

Go Bradley - fingers crossed next year

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

Azi and Matt .

Must feel a little embarrest while interviewing Cal , minute's before the race . Matt never look's to impressed after there chat on the grid.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Sounds like Herve wishes his second rider was

German instead of ginger!

Reply to this Topic
carlosfandango69

Aug 12

Honestly

I've met Cal, and unfortunately hew came across as one of the rudest, nastiest pieces of work i've ever met. Genuinely one of those guys - tries to be nice on camera, off it, one of the worst characters I have met, Rude, no appreciation for his fans when the cameras aren't rolling, and just not a nice guy. I genuinely thought i had caught him on a bad day, but a repeat occasion made me realise what an absolute tool he is. Real shame, as I love him as a rider, but the reason Matt & Azi feel that way, is they see him when the camera is not rolling, and its an amazing contrast. I used to be a huge fan, and I still massively respect his achievements. But unless he changes his attitude, I will be cheering for anyone but him....shame

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices