Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith urged to study Stefan Bradl’s MotoGP switch MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith urged to study Stefan Bradl’s MotoGP switch

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith urged to study Stefan Bradl’s MotoGP switch

Bradley Smith should closely study the approach taken by German Stefan Bradl in 2012 to help him become an instant success in MotoGP next season. Bradl has been the revelation of this season having quickly mastered the switch from Moto2 to the more powerful and technology laden MotoGP bikes. The LCR Honda rider has scored six top six finishes including a season...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 September 2012 10:50)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

With every word typed you demonstrate an incomparable lack of ability to understand the comments you think you're replying to

The principles of racing are the same, no matter what surface is being raced upon or whether on 2, 3 or 4 wheels.

As you know so much about this focussing phenomenon - explain how it works

I'm off to the pub now, so I'll stand more chance of understanding your reply when I get back after a few bevvies.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

All riders/racers are different. Loris Capirossi and Max Biaggi come to mind as two riders with 'race faces' and didn't/don't get interviewed on the grid. . If you watch F1 some  talk some won't. Whatever works for that person.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

thanks CH987

I was hoping someone would back me up.
You are spot on saying all riders are different and every rider on every grid has their own method of focusing or doing whatever they do and then of course some riders may want to just relax and maybe have a laugh and a joke to take their mind off the race.
I have met many riders through the years but have never met one like bultoboy who thinks it's a load of bollox.
Everyone of them undertands and appreciates the needs of some of their fellow riders.
Bultoboy get back to your dreamworld and win another championship!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Bultoboy

John McGuiness openly admits that he is actually physically sick prior to senior TT start, whereas Bruce Ansty is known to have a sleep, riders tackle the start of a race in different ways, and if you don't respect that then you're no bike enthusiast.

Oh and there I was just throwing in your ability on maybe a BSB Cadbury's Boost Yam, if you even knew what that was, when you'd already moved into the Suffolk full works machinery championship.

Reply to this Topic
jackinthebox

Dec 11

jackinthebox says:

Obviously

bultoboy has never been on a race grid in his life.
God there are so many plonkers on here that no fuck all about bike racing.
Keyboard wallies that know nothing in reality.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

John McGuiness openly admits that he is actually physically sick prior to senior TT start, whereas Bruce Ansty is known to have a sleep, riders tackle the start of a race in different ways, and if you don't respect that then you're no bike enthusiast.

No bike enthusiast - you talk some shit. I've ridden them all my life as well as co-organising events for others to enjoy so don't talk to me about enthusiasm

So Mcguiness feels sick, so do many others, just as some people feel sick before they go to the doctor or dentist - what's that got to do with being 'focussed'. How riders 'feel' has nothing to do with what was being discussed which was grid interviews disrupting a rider's ability to focus on a race. Some may not want to talk, just as some don't after they've crashed out, that's down to personality or attitude. Saying you don't want your focus disrupted is a good excuse for not having to put up with some twat sticking a microphone in your face and asking moronic and meaningless questions that you can't be arsed to put up with or answer - and I don't blame them.

If you seriously think that speaking a few words with someone stops them focussing 100% on the race when the lights go out or flag drops you aren't talking from experience. Do you really think they're that one dimensional

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Obviously

Dear Jack, I don't give two fcks about the opinion of you

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

Yet another perfect demo of contradiction and bull

First you tell me this - that all riders have to focus on the race ahead.

If you have been on that many grids and don't know about rider's focusing before a race you have been living in a different world to me.

Then you tell me this

and then of course some riders may want to just relax and maybe have a laugh and a joke to take their mind off the race.

Is that really how to focus on a race? By taking your mind off it? Contradiction surely? How can they possibly race if they haven't been focussing?

Or is it that it is actually how I said it, that when the flag drops, they just switch on. Yeah, maybe that's it.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Bolt.

Look at Ussain Bolt at the start of race compared to some rivals.

Look at say.. Scwantz as opposed to Rainey?

Everyone is different and just because they don't go into a dark room, shut their eyes and go through a minds eye rehearsal, doesn't mean they aren't up for it.

People deal with pressure in different ways.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

bulto

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Shut up.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle