Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies right to delay World Superbike return MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies right to delay World Superbike return

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies right to delay World Superbike return

Ben Spies was right to shun the opportunity to move back to World Superbikes to try and fulfil his potential in the MotoGP world championship. The Texan seemed certain to be leaving MotoGP after he announced on the eve of his home race in Laguna Seca at the end of July that he would quit Yamaha’s official factory squad. He was lining...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 September 2012 12:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
fanofthesport

Mar 10

so you don't like him, right

Ben Spies has few friends among you Brits. That's okay. His fans like me will continue to support him even when it's not going his way. I hope for better races ahead.

Reply to this Topic
Popski

Feb 09

Popski says:

Good Man, he really kicked some bottom in WSB and I'm sure he can do the same in MotoGP given the bike that suits his riding style, hope Ducati is that bike.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Fanofthesport

Its the bullshit we're expected to except over how good Spies actually is that us brits find hard to put up with.

If Spies was anything other than amercian he'd be out on his arse after the piss poor showing this year but no. To keep the american viewers happy, Spies is offered rides that far more talented people deserve just because of his passport.

So if your going to come onto a british papers forum and expect us to believe the sugar coated bulllshit the PR machines are trying to get us to swallow. your in for a rough time.

He's had the best Moto GP can offer and failed miserably, its down hill from here on in.......

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Spies

I reckon will do well with Ducati, in fact he could be a revelation showing the rest, apart from Stoner of course, how it should be done, on a non-factory bike, unlike his pussyfooting predecessor, Rossi, on the factory Desmo. I reckon his style will suit the Desmo, he's aggressive and very determined and I look forward to him having a successful rebirth with Ducati!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see what excuses Rossi comes up with when Spies leaves him for dead!!Ciao

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

eddy

As usual you will be wrong...guaranteed.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

Eddy

Time will tell, but after two years of struggling (bar the odd decent ride) on the most balanced bike out there, how do you figure he's gonna master something that threw even Stoner off on a regular basis?

As for beating Rossi, hasnt he been battling with Rossi for the lower places for the last two years? whilst rossi was in the opinion of many finished and useless on the Ducati.

Clutching at straws in desperation springs to mind.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Can't wait to see what excuses Rossi comes up with when Spies leaves him for dead!!Ciao

I think that may be a long wait.

I'd like to see Spies do well. He's had a poor year, some bad luck, some poor performances. He still has a few races left to show what he can do on the most rounded bike on the grid. Can he do it. He can be fast enough, no doubt, he must have the resolve and fortitude based on his WSB title and a decent year with Teck3, but for some reason, it hasn't clicked this year. Maybe a new start with Ducati, less pressure by not being in a factory team, but at least having factory equipment - could results come?

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Its like this

Failed to fulfill his potential no shame in that many do , However spitting out his dummy and the amature dramatics , the litany of reasons quote was bull for going before he was pushed.He quit ungraciously

Reply to this Topic
MrKrabs

Sep 12

MrKrabs says:

Spies

excuse after excuse after excuse, i especially liked his one about his visor misting up, didnt Stoner win by about 15 seconds last year at Silverstone with a misted visor. The guy has talent but he's always looking for a way out, last 2 seasons he's tossed off the first four races because he doesn't like the tracks! hardley the attitude required to succeed in GP.

Reply to this Topic
Eddy998

Oct 06

Eddy998 says:

Spies

Well, bueligan272, I haven't been wrong before! I said 2 years ago that Rossi would achieve nothing on the Desmo, and what has he achieved? Nothing! Well, he has achieved something I guess, he has singlehanded, with perhaps some help from Burgess? succeeded in almost changing the Desmo into a Yamaha!! Lol!! From what I can see Spies has had some real bad luck, broken swinging arm was it and various other problems which were nothing to do with him. Reckon all efforts were concentrated on Lorenzo, with Spies just making up the numbers, from what I can see. As Bultoboy points out now that he is going to get a fair crack of the whip, albeit in a non factory team, I reckon we will now see the best of him! Time will tell but that's my forecast! Reckon he is going to give Rossi a shock!! Watch this space!! Ciao

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices