Skip to content

Ask an Expert mod 1 - epic fail!! Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > mod 1 - epic fail!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

littlered62

Sep 12

littlered62 says:

mod 1 - epic fail!!

i just paid £450 to do my mod 1 and mod 2 with training included - so i arrive at 8.30 am - i used their bike because mine is a Virago 125 and thought theirs would be easier - we went down to their training site [public car park ] 3 hours later and the training was over........i didnt feel ready for the test the next day............and sadly i was right, i failed - the nerves, didnt help and i deserved to fail, my control on the bike was rubbish - i totally forgot what to do, now i will have to pay more money out for more training and hire of their bike..........and im feeling a bit stupid.......how can i overcome the nerves...anyone?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 September 2012 18:25)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jon66

Feb 09

jon66 says:

more training!!

more training required i think , id go to a different training school , they should have known you werent ready , good luck next time

Reply to this Topic
littlered62

Sep 12

littlered62 says:

mod 1 epic fail

yes thats what im thinking - thanks......

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"they should have known you werent ready"

^^^  This..........most good schools will give you a free 1hr assessment, then advise you on the best course of action ie, what type/days of training that will be required, so you can ride safely and to test standards.

Please don't give up, it really is worth it, that's why the "EU" law makers are trying to make it harder to gain a bike license, so we need all the help we can get.:smile

Ride safe.

unit.

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

£120/hr?!!!!

Let me understand what you're saying here; you've paid £450 for 3 hours training and the cost of your mod 1 & 2 tests? The test fees together amount to about £90, so that makes the training £120/hr :blink:

Most schools charge about £25/hr.

OR

Did you mean that you did 3hrs mod 1 training? In addition to your cbt and all the riding practice on your own bike? That should be sufficient to pass mod 1, however nerves can make anyone fluff it.

Sorry, but I get so sick of all this "go to a decent school" rap, more often than not it is the test candidates fault, not the instructor/examiner/weather/EU legislation :mad:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

"more often than not it is the test candidates fault"

Nothing like a bit of encouragement.....ah, tc. :tongue:

Reply to this Topic
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

And if all else fails

buy a bottle of Rescue Remedy and start taking it a couple of days before you try again. Very calming.

I think another training school may be a good idea, too. As preunit says, don't give up. Once you get the hang of it you're going to have a great time. It will be worth it.

Reply to this Topic
tc330

Mar 11

tc330 says:

I'm bad........

Apologies to littlered, had a tough day but shouldn't have hijacked your thread.....sorry.

On a more positive note, you do have your own bike mate so find an empty car park and practice, practice, practice. The best way to overcome nerves is to repeat something until it feels like 2nd nature, then it's not THE slalom/figure 8/E-stop, etc, just A N Other one.

Thanks Unit I feel better now:wink:

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

tc

lol.................................and

:smile

Reply to this Topic
Kokosun

Oct 12

Kokosun says:

Talk to the Training School

£450 seems like quite a lot of money to me.  I would have thought that the school would have plumped to give you some 'free' additional training based on the fact that they assessed you as ready for the mod1 test.

Reply to this Topic
littlered62

Sep 12

littlered62 says:

mod 1

- hi just to let you all know - that i passed my Mod 1 this morning - so just wanted to say thanks for your comments!!!x

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices