Skip to content

Ask an Expert mod 1 - epic fail!! Riding Skills

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Riding Skills > mod 1 - epic fail!!

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

littlered62

Sep 12

littlered62 says:

mod 1 - epic fail!!

i just paid £450 to do my mod 1 and mod 2 with training included - so i arrive at 8.30 am - i used their bike because mine is a Virago 125 and thought theirs would be easier - we went down to their training site [public car park ] 3 hours later and the training was over........i didnt feel ready for the test the next day............and sadly i was right, i failed - the nerves, didnt help and i deserved to fail, my control on the bike was rubbish - i totally forgot what to do, now i will have to pay more money out for more training and hire of their bike..........and im feeling a bit stupid.......how can i overcome the nerves...anyone?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 September 2012 18:25)

Post a message in Riding Skills

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Beelady

Jan 10

Beelady says:

Well done!

Glad to hear you passed the hardest part. Good luck with the rest of it.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Nice one littlered

enjoy and ride safe.

unit.

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

late reply

look , that aint nothing compared to me , i had 2 days of training for 100 pound , amazing teacher , really down to earth and fun , and then my bike got nicked so he offered one of his to borrow so i did , i got there all prepped ready to go and when manouvering the bike from one bay to another dropped it did a front flip and fell on the examiner , to no surprise he said id failed and id need more oil as my cap had sprung off and left loads for the next candidate ..... BEAT THAT , but no honestly 3 hours for that price is a MASSIVE RIP OFF , expect 7 hours of total training minimum on road and off road , there is plenty out there , but yeah doesnt seem so bad now does it ? :) happy riding .... 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ivanhoe

Mar 04

ivanhoe says:

Times have changed

How times have changed.  I started riding a motor bike on my 16th birthday. A 125cc  2 stroke and rode it everywhere with L-plates.  A donkey jacket and no helmet was the gear to wear in those days.

Passed my riding test while the examiner stood against a wall having a smoke while I rode around the block.

Went off and bought a BSA 650 twin and rode it day and night, fell of twice , once on diesel and once on a RAB going too fast.  The result was the loss of my girlfriend who refused to come on the bike again.

Many years later and i am still riding my ZZR1100 and my VFR 750. 

So my message is ride as often as possible and remember a Fast Bike can go slow but a slow bike cannot go fast.

Reply to this Topic
roadglue

Nov 12

roadglue says:

Bit harder than the old mod1

I passed the old mod 1 years ago. You couldn't fail it really.Never took the easy mod2 as i sadly dropped biking for a car.

I passed both tests recently and i found the mod1 pretty tough.Mainly due to nerves i think.

I was bricking it because i wanted to pass both tests before jan19th and test dates are a bit on the scarce side at the moment.

So i was wobbling like a proper noob round the cones and struggled to hit speed on the swerve and emergency stop.I left it in 2nd like people reckoned to do but my bike wouldn't have it:)

Passed but it was harder than i thought it would be.

Glad you passed in the end though.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices