You are in... Forums > General > General > GSXR 750's

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

GSXR 750's

Just looking at GSXR 750's and just wondering what peoples experiences are of them regarding reliability and how they cop with riding in all weathers

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (24 September 2012 21:41)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kamchat

Aug 02

Kamchat says:

It's a gixxer! -

- engines are bulletproof .... I am aware of some folk complaining about the finish on them not faring well in winter weather.

We have had no such problems with Sky's K6 which is now 6 yrs old and done 26,000 miles...although to be fair it does not do many winter miles. :winkie: 

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

thats

the main thing kam how it holds up to winter dont want a bike that shit after one winter

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

ALL

bikes are worse for wear after one winter,IF you don't clean them thoroughly and often or prepare them properly. Simple as that.

Reply to this Topic
micepunk

Jun 12

micepunk says:

lucas

when u pin it and you hear the induction noise at around 9000 revs you wont care about a few rusty or furred nuts:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

GSXR's

Great engines, the rest of the bike is mechanically sound but the finish is weak.  They do not stand up to winter very well and are difficult to tidy up once tatty.   

Reply to this Topic
old(ish)git

Apr 08

old(ish)git says:

mine wasn't mint....

when I got it Lucas....but it's now 10 years old and done 40,000+ miles in all weathers and doesn't look any worse....I've had it 2 years now and it's still on same battery ( and that's with an alarm fitted.)and all I really do is change the oil every 3-4,000 miles and filter every other oil change.(you can do the changes with all the fairings in place. K and N air filter fitted recently (recommended) no change to fuelling....and a bit of autoglym on the plastics and tank now and again...there's nothing you can do about stone chips to plastics, but they seem strong enough....One headlight bulb and a new clutch cable the only failures I've had...£2-50 and £8-95 each.....don't really like posting things like this because they can soon be followed by 'Blown the B******* up' posts.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

oldish

lmao just have to be a lot of cleaning i guess

Reply to this Topic
used2bfast

Aug 07

used2bfast says:

Its a few years

since I had one, but I loved it, fantastic for track days as well.:smile

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

GSXRs

Bullet proof engines, making upto 100bhp. Frames and wheels are very flexible, making for "interesting" handling. Odd wheel sizes don't help either. Classic lines though.

We ARE talking about the slabbies, aren't we??:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
lucas_yamaha

Jul 08

lucas_yamaha says:

erm

no lol the 2006 -2008 model 750's 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale