Skip to content

YAMAHA 2013 Yamaha FJR1300 leaked FJR1300

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > FJR1300 > 2013 Yamaha FJR1300 leaked

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

2013 Yamaha FJR1300 leaked

Yamaha's revised FJR1300 tourer was accidentally leaked for a brief period yesterday. The bike doesn't show any major changes but it can be seen to have new side fairings, a slightly revised subframe and more up-to-date clocks, but the frame appears identical as does the engine and the rest of the major components. There is a rumour the FJR1300 will get traction...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 September 2012 09:24)

Post a message in FJR1300

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hyabusa1340

Apr 11

Hyabusa1340 says:

FJR 1300

What ever way you look at it, it's a good looking Bike.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

So...

after 12 years of production, Yamaha feel it now needs T.C. and Loud cans. Reckon a sizable price cut would be better. I must admit a few years back when Yamaha announced this bike, I was very excited by the thought of a bigger engined FJ1200 replacement, only to be left dissapointed . Not unlike the let down experienced when Honda finally introduced the long long long promised Blackbird replacement VFR1200. I Hope Suzuki can come up with a genuine Hayabusa replacement (some hope) as there are only a couple of options left and both are older designs now.

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Yet another "accidental" release. Who are they kidding!!!

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Looks no different to me apart from the cans.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

SNEV's comments made me smile,I hung on for years waiting for the new FJ1200 only to be angered by FJR tub of guts,and went else were,if this is their latest offering certainley won't be back,what the hells the matter with Japs is there a shortage of designers or just lack of imagination.

When are we going to get the R1 motor in a fazer?????

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Looks about as exciting as the new race Blu "paint scheme". Styling appears to be a little stagnant among the manufacturers at the moment, they all need a kick up the arse methinks.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

If it ain't broke...

...don't fix it, as the saying goes. Why would you want to change a highly competent motorcycle just for the sake of change? Look what Honda did with their best-ever ST1100 Pan European, they scrapped it and bought out the 1300, an ill-handling beast that even the Police eventually abandoned. By all means update the instruments and suspension to keep up with the latest technology but don't change a successful formula unless the replacement bike is a genuine step forward. Longevity is a virtue and a sign of a great design which Yamaha got right on the FJR from day one.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

One would think

after being on the market for a dozen years, Yamaha would build the FJR1300 so it doesn’t leak?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

piglet...

Awesome man, You're really getting a hang of this humour/sarcasm thing....You sure your... AMERICAN?

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Bob1

can't agree with you really, because the Fj1300 was a huge let down compared to the way ahead of its time and highly regarded FJ1200. But I do agree that what they built was spot on for what it was.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices