Skip to content

YAMAHA 2013 Yamaha FJR1300 leaked FJR1300

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > FJR1300 > 2013 Yamaha FJR1300 leaked

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

2013 Yamaha FJR1300 leaked

Yamaha's revised FJR1300 tourer was accidentally leaked for a brief period yesterday. The bike doesn't show any major changes but it can be seen to have new side fairings, a slightly revised subframe and more up-to-date clocks, but the frame appears identical as does the engine and the rest of the major components. There is a rumour the FJR1300 will get traction...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (25 September 2012 09:24)

Post a message in FJR1300

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
grubbytech

Mar 05

grubbytech says:

Disappointing!

I've had my FJR for 4 years now & I have to say that apart from the wiring loom in the fairing earthing badly, having an earth loom installed & replacing the ABS covers on the wheels it's been a good bike. All of the problems I've had Yamaha have dealt with free of charge even though the bike was out of warranty for the wiring problems. I've ridden lots of different bikes (Including the BMW K1600 & Honda's ST1300) & nothing does what my Yamaha does anywhere near as well. I admit the bike is modded with a higher screen, Bos pipes, Power Commander, K & N filter, Garmin Zumo 660 & the best mod of all grip puppies. Having said that I wish that Yamaha would update the bike properly by losing some weight, increasing the horsepower & torque, also would offering Bluetooth GPS, radio, Ipod connectivity hurt. I mean this bike should be up to date, not back in the 90's like the old bike.

Reply to this Topic
RoadTrekker

Sep 11

RoadTrekker says:

New FJR1300

I have a FJR and love it, its a bike for all seasons and all rides. Its got long legs for long distances and plenty of grunt for eating up the motorways and blowing some other sports bikes off the road. The only grumble I have is that it needs a gearbox upgrade to 6 speed, the engine can pull the extra gear. It also needs better access to the radiator instead of having to take half the fairings off to top the rad header tank up. A gel seat would also help. If it could loose a few pounds would help as it is a heavy bike especially at crawling speed or tight manouvering. Would I buy another FJR, you bet it ticks all the boxes for me.

Reply to this Topic
davidm12

Oct 12

davidm12 says:

Coulda done better

I agree w Roadtrecker.. my 07 has had a custom seat -why is the ergo one $500 AUD extra - PC, K&N and aftermarket suspension.. Looks like they addressed the suspension need for more adjustment to reduce wallowing etc, but it really really needed 1) sixth gear, 2) better seating as well. I'll be looking at the new Triumph Tropny or the Honda VFR 1200 next time. Pity.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle